I. ONE

❛ Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic

Behind every exquisite
thing that existed, there
was something tragic.

    "Y/N, How much longer are you going to continue to watch him play danganronpa?" My friend asked me

"Y/N, How much longer are you going to continue to watch him play danganronpa?" My friend asked me. She leaned over my shoulder and pressed her weight on me. I shrugged her off and paused my video.

     Friday afternoon at my house, we just got done with our homework and my friend was about to go home. She had on all her gear, she hitched her book bag and gave me a cheeky grin.

I sighed back, "Till I get my own."

"Why not buy you own?" She tilted her head and frowned. Her bottom lip puffed out.

"With what money?" I spun around in my spiny chair. "It's like 26 dollars and my parents would kill me if I spent all of my money on it."

"If you buy something that you'll play every day, then I'm sure they wouldn't be too upset."

"I..I guess you have a point." I walked over to my boots and started to pull them on.

"Um, Y/N? What are you doing?"

"I'm walking you home, and stopping at the gaming shop along the way."

"Gee, I feel so loved." She giggled and grabbed my hoodie. Tossing it to me, I caught it with one hand and pulled it over my head.

    It's not too cold that we need a coat yet, but I get often chilly so maybe I should just bring a jacket. My hands gripped onto my black purse with all my money inside.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Let's go get that game!" She hitched her bookbag and we raced out my house. We walked along the gravel ground to the bus stop.

"Should I get it when dropping you off or should I get it when I'm going home?" I asked.

"Let's just get it now" she pondered for a moment. "Why pay more for a buss fee when we're going to get on and off it."

"But it's so farrrrr..."

"Do you want to get the game or not?"

"Fineeee."

    We walked past the buss stop where we originally would've gotten on and the hot air conditioner would've warmed us up. Our giggling voices slowly filled up the sleeping neighborhood. We carefully crossed the street, making sure not to get in front of any upcoming cars, the town was coming up. We were met with a few people. Not too much that we couldn't walk through or lose each other.

    My hand gripped onto the cold metal and I pushed open. We immediately rushed ahead inside.

"Ngh...I-I'm..so out of shape.." She doubled over before straightening herself. Pointing to the old woman at the cashier she asked a question. "Hey, excuse me! Where are the storybook games?"

"Over here dear." She slowly pointed in a general direction. 'Looks like its up to us to go ahead and look for it...'

     We thanked the lady before rushing over to the corner of the store.

     "Why would it be over here..." (F/N) asked. She put down her book bag and started to look on the shelf's.

     "Beats me" I bent down on the other side of her, "let's start working. I want to play it as soon as possible."

     We spent around 5 minutes looking before she groaned out in frustration. She complained about searching everything and everywhere and it was just easier to download the game on my phone or tablet.

    "Honestly, can't we just go home? It's obvious this stupid store doesn't have the game." She grimaced and crossed her arms.

    "Don't get so discouraged, let's be like kaede and continue searching!" I imitated one of her sprites with my hand on my muscle.

     She blankly looked at me. "Didn't she die first?"

      "That was uncalled for...." 'normies man..' I bent down and pulled out a box that was hidden under the shelf's. It was labeled; 'DO NOT TOUCH! TO BE THROWN AWAY.'

      "Hey, Y/N, maybe not touch the box that is labeled keep your hands off?" She rolled her eyes.

      I shushed her. "You never know, besides, it never hurt anyone to explore...except Rantaro."

     "Curiosity killed the cat, y/n." I ignored her and dug my hands through the box. I found it! I pulled up the disk and shoved it in my friends face.

     "Look F/N! I found it! Only, it's V3 not V1 like I hoped for..."

     "Let's not be picky, I want to go home." She snickered at me and we pushed the box back under the shelf. We walking in link to the cashier.

"Oh honey....you don't want this one."When we handed her the disk she froze.

"Why?" 'What is she talking about...'

"Loads of people come back here and return the disk after one day. I'm pretty sure it's cursed, hon."

"I don't care, I want it."

"I'm pretty sure..." she stopped when our eyes met. She sighed and scanned the disk. "It's your funeral, twenty-eight dollars."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰