XXIV. TWENTY FOUR

"I ain't never seen two pretty best friends

best friends... always one
of them gotta be ugly"

       I waited a couple of minutes before opening the door for Kokichi

I waited a couple of minutes before opening the door for Kokichi. He thanked me but I didn't give him a response as I started running to the Ultimate maids lab. She luckily was still standing there polishing a few plates happily. 'She looks so worried even under that cracked, composed smile she has."

"Hey, Tojo.." I waved and closed the door behind me. I had to be extremely careful that I didn't upset the maid and relive those moments of Gonta forcing me to play with Bugs.

"Greetings, Y/N. I was just preparing breakfast for everyone.. What brings you here?" She asked.

"I was wondering if i could help you out?" I offered.

"I would most appreciate that, thank you Y/N. Please follow me to the kitchen" She pushed a little cart filled with bowls and materials. I held the door open for her and she pushed the cart down the hallway. A comfortable silence settled between us. I held the door open for her again. "Here, Y/N, please collect all the dishes."

"Is there any order that it goes in or..." I asked as I picked up a bowl.

"No order is necessary." she disappeared into the kitchen. I placed the bowls and plates on the table. I took some spoons, knives and forks and placed those back on the cart. I finished my tasks and I headed up to the tall maid.

"I finished collecting all the plates, is there anything else you need?" I asked.

Kiurmi paused. "You can help me wash the dishes now."

We worked in silence. It seemed as if kiumi has calmed down since i've arrived. She had a calm smile on her face, i decided this was a good time as ever to bring up the current motive. "Hey Kirumi, i have a question for you.."

"Ask away.." she hummed and scrapped the batter.

"Have you seen your video yet?" She dropped her fork. She looked at me with wide eyes. I quickly bent down and grabbed the fork she dropped. "Im sorry, i didnt mean to startle you.. I just wanted to know. I got my own video."

"I did see my own.." She confessed.

"Youre not going to do anything on it right?" I asked.

The blond bit her lips. "I... i may have thought of doing something.."

"I know you have good intentions, but... You know you cant win right?"

"It is for my nation!" She shouted at me. "I would bear the burden of being seen as evil for the sake of my nation and its people! That is what it means to serve with selfless devotion!"

"But playing this game? You cant win! Nobody wins, Kirumi! Nobody wins this twisted game. You want to fight for your nation, you want to show them to be strong and you want to protect them!? Then resist the urge to fall into despair and become the blackened!" I argued back.

"Y/n..."

"I dont want to see anyone else get executed..." I put a hand on her shoulder. She dropped to the ground and sobbed.

I wiped her tears as she told me her plan. "I wasnt expecting anyone to come in and find me... Ryoma is all set up and we were ready to start the execution, i was going to do it tonight.. I-I Thought... That sacrificing you all meant saving the lifes of men, women, children and the elderly..."

"But you know in the end that it'll never work." I rubbed her shoulders as she nodded. "Im doing this for both yours and everyone elses futures..."

"I assume so..."

"Lets go back to the dorms now.. I think you need a good nights rest."

Pulling kirumi up from the ground, she dried her tears and we headed back to the dormitories. Nobody was awake, i assume everyone was too tired to even stay up a little longer. We bid each other goodnight and i waited a few moments for her door to lock before heading into Kaedes dorm.

I kicked off my shoes and jumped into bed, i needed this save point more then anything else in the world.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰