LXVII. SIXTY-EIGHT

One final battle between hope

And despair

Despair

Despair

Despair

Despair...

"Y/N!... Y/N snap out of it!"

"H-Huh?!" Shuichi screamed at me from across the trial grounds. I snapped my attention back to my virtual classmates, they looked at me with fear as I was losing myself. Tsumugi's eyes glimmered as she praised me for falling deeper and deeper into despair.

"Don't lose yourself now! Y/N!" He argued with me, "We've come so far! If you lose yourself now then all that work we did was meaningless!"

"You're right, you're right! Sorry, Shuichi!"

"She's tired... poor Y/N, how about we have a final vote?" Tsumugi tapped her blue nails on her cheeks.

"That's not fair! You already broke the rules!" Gonta crossed his arms.

The mastermind waved him off, "This final special vote will determine between Keebo and I... Which one of us should get punished."

"Are you stupid..."

"Wait why me?!"

     "This'll be a vote to determine how this story ends! You guys have to decide whether this story ends in hope or despair."

      "To end in hope..."

       Maki cut off Ryoma, "To end in despair..."

      "We have to decide?"

       Monokuma grinned as the screen behind him started flashing up and changing faces rapidly, "Oh mannnn! This is great! The outside world is starting to get jazzed up!"