XLII. FOURTY-TWO

I will show you the truth!

     It was all dark, no light

It was all dark, no light. My body somehow felt all tired, cold and numb all at the same time. For a moment i thought i had died trying to transport over before i heard a voice. "Hey!" It shouted at me a few more times before i cracked my eyes over to see kokichi hovering over me. "Morning sleepyhead! You sure do look peaceful sleeping, buttttttt i'm not going to let you sleep!"

It took me all my might to not kick him in the crotch. "...Where are we?"

It took a little bit of time, I finally came to my senses. I stand up in the new world.

"Mm...mmphh..." Shuichi mumbled, he gripped onto kaitos hand and the taller man heaved him up.

"So this... is the virtual world!"

Kirumi dusted off her skirt and helped himiko up from the ground. "It's very... different from what she told us..."

"These are very disappointing graphics! She said it was better than reality!"

"How is this any better than reality?! These avatars are awful; can't she get better at modeling and bodies?!" The red head started to agree with Tenko.

"...I thought you didn't care about your body?" Shuichi sighed.

Kiibo started to feel his body. "My body's still robotic... I actually had high expectations."

"It's a very weird feeling..." Rantaro mumbled.

"I agree, I really feel like I'm moving this body with my consciousness!" Kaito agreed. "i don't need to worry about anything with this body!"

"...You don't need to worry about anything? What do you mean?" Korekiyo brushed the dirty off his clothing.

"O-Oh... nothing!"

"Sounds like you're hiding something..."

The room fell silent. Kaito cursed under his breath as the Ultimate Anthropologist intersted him more.  Maki grumbled and looked around, not even five seconds later she said "...I want to go home."