XXI. TWENTY-ONE

"I couldn't let that chance pass me by

pass me by. I had to save
everyone, no matter what."

      Our eyes widened as Kaede was snatched up and away from us

Our eyes widened as Kaede was snatched up and away from us. Shuichi made a last effort to grab onto the strawberry blond female. A rope strung around her neck held her above a piano. The song, the horrifying song we heard for eight hours straight, Kaede surviving death for hours on end. I hated hearing that song, I hated seeing her lifeless body being dragged till its final death...

Arm and arm with shuichi. He didn't let up from his tears. He had his head buried into my shoulder but I couldn't peel my eyes away from the blond. I don't want to do this, I don't want to be here anymore. I want to quit.

Everything went pink as the backboard of the piano fell down. Monokid was shoved into the equation as well, but it didn't feel real that I just saw this all take place in front of me. I cried when I first saw the execution and I cried now.

"Come on Shuichi.." I croaked. I softly gripped the blue hair male hands and we walked back to the dormitory.

Before I made my way up the stairs, he asked me "Are you okay sleeping in her room?"

"I'll deal with it."

I couldn't sleep at all. I lolied around in bed and waited for the morning.

"You look very tired, Y/N!" Angie chirped. Everyone was at breakfast and I had my face hanging over my plate of oatmeal...

"Mhmm..." She laughed at my attempts of conversation before happily eating her toast. Gonta was telling a story about some writing as Shuichi and Kaito scurried into the Dining hall.

"Writing?" Kiibo asked.

"Yeah! Like someone trying to hide writing in grass! Weird, right!?" Gonta explained.
"Hmmm..." Angie placed a hand up to her ear. "Atua says it's just graffiti. Nyahahaha! Now we don't gotta worry about it anymore!"

"Atua? That's even more suspicious.." Himiko wined.

"Oh? Are you saying Auta is suspicious? How sad."

I rubbed my eyes. "Never doubt Auta, Himiko. Where's your hat, Shuichi?"

"Oh, uh...Good morning..." Shuichi shyly greeted. Everyone looked at the shy male when I mentioned his hat.

"You finally got rid of that emo hat! Is this cuz Kaede died or whatever?" Kokichi shot.

"I kinda liked his hat, it was cool."

"You like everything..." Kokichi grinned at me.

"Quiet, you male!" Tenko slapped the table. "Learn some manners, why don't you?"

Kaito looked over at Shuichi. "Oh, huh, you're not wearing your hat. I didnt even notice."

'Kaito...what..'

"You don't have to stare... I just took off my hat, it's not a big deal." Shuichi mumbled. A slight shade of pink danced across his face.

"Anyway, don't be late anymore, Shuichi. We already decided we're eating breakfast together." Katio shot Shuichi a thumbs up and everyone went ahead to sit down and finally dug into their plate.

Everyone was engulfed in some sort of conversation, everyone but me, Shuichi and Rantaro. To be honest the three of us were usually silent anyways.

"Words 'horse a' written there." Gonta continued on about the words in the grass.

"Huh... what do you think it means?" Shuichi asked him.

"Gonta not know. Its meaning is entirely shrouded in mystery."

"Y/N? What do you think?" He asked me.

I was completely caught off guard. I choked on the oatmeal in front of me as Korekiyo rubbed my back.

"I haven't researched anything on it but it could be some type of reference or code?"

"Not even the Ultimate Anthropologist or Journalist knows... I thought it was something they would know." Tsumugi gave me an anxious look.

"Well, how about it, Shuichi? Lets hear the Ultimate Detective's opinion." Kaito leaned into the detectives personal space.

The conversation continued on with gontas eyesight and Kokichi tricking him. I was over everything. All I wanted to do was head back to bed... maybe even head back into my real life.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
Sorry if this chapters a lil short, I'm kinda worn out and schools really kicking my ass.