LV. FIFTY-FIVE

I refuse to give up

I refuse to give up. To get bored!
To throw it all away!

    Everyone in the cafeteria had a frown upon their faces

Everyone in the cafeteria had a frown upon their faces. Everyone but Kaito and Kokichi, the 'K' duo have not been seen as soon as I put Kokichi down for bed. The atmosphere felt heavy and gloomy... This is when Kaito was kidnapped and Kokichi put his arrow and hydraulic press into play.

Shuichi decided to head to his dormitory after everyone left the cafeteria. He slowed down before quickly looking back at me, "A-Are you following me..?"

"Is that bad?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. "I thought we could hang out, you look like you need a distraction from Kaito being kidnapped."

"Well.. F-Fine, we can both use distractions i guess... Do you have any games in that bag." He paused turning to my bag, pointing to it with his nose.

"I... cards? I did play a different game with Kokichi, but I feel like you're more of a card guy."

"I like cards..." He smiled softly as I showed him the small stack of cards.

We started our way back to the dormitory, having small talk with both Himiko and Tsumugi separately.

"You know, it's rather ironic." Tsumugi hummed, she put a hand on her chin. "Maki acted all tsun-tsun the entire time, and now she's the one pulling us to our new hope!" She laughed softly, "Thinking about it, this might be Kaitos influence."

"Kaitos influence...?" I hummed.

"You can tell, right? Maybe it's because I feel Maki has an interest in Kaito all, she staked out the hangar for so long."

"M-Maybe..."

"...Are you shocked? Are you two on the losing side of the love triangle?"

"What do you mean?" Shuichi agreed, pointing a finger at Tsumugi, "W-What?! I-It's not that!!"

"Just kidding." She grinned, holding up her hands to her face, waving. "But I can't help but wonder if the more school-life aspects of our time as Hope's Peak Academy carried on to the killing game here."

"We were in different classes... but I'm sure everyone had friends like that."

"Even if we can't go back to those times, the hope still remains in our hearts." She dug her head into the palm of her hand, "I want to stay confident until the end. That's my stubbornness as a member of Hope's Peak Academy."

We waved at Tsumugi, walking away. I held the door open for him to walk in but he gave me a guilty smile, "I have a confession... I'm not going to my dorms.."

I knew he was headed to the Exisal Hangar.

We walked back over to the main building. Following Shuichi up the stairs, we headed into the Cybernetic Gardens. We made our way over back to the Exisal Hangers where monokuma happily greeted us.

We ignored the stuffed bear and walked over to the window.

"Huh... if only there was a way to look outside." He looked over at me, a little concerned.

"Let's find out."

"It appears that there's a small window... this must connect to the bathroom." We looked upwards at the window. "What can we see from there?"

Kaitos face popped up into the frame of the window, giving both of us a heart attack. "Y-You two... what are you doing here?"

"Fuck, Kaito. Do you want to knock off twelve years of our lives?!"

"K-Kaito?!"

"Idiots... don't talk in such a loud voice. Kokichi Ll notice."

"I-Is Kokichi with you...?"

"No. He locked me in this bathroom. Kokich Is on the other side of the door." He rolled his eyes, "But it would still be bad if he noticed, because he's with an Exisal."

"Oh, that's right..."

"So, what did you guys come here for?"

"Yeah, we wanted to play cards with you." I rolled my eyes, "Like go fish--No kaito were here to break you out."

"Exactly! What do you mean, 'what am I here for'?!"

Shuichi explained the plan maki had when he asked if it was only the two of us. Kaito let out a heartful laugh, "H-Ha! Of course! I'm Momota Kaito, the man who's famous in both Earth and space! Even if the earth collapsed and nothing's left, I still won't give up! If the protagonist... and whatever Y/N is-- of this story just gave up so easily, it would be a pretty shitty story, right?!"

" Y, Yeah..."

"Gee thanks Kaito"

"I'm just messing with you, Y/N. Don't worry! I'll do something!" He flashed me a thumbs up, "I promise! If you're doing your best, then the protagonist can't just wallow in his own pity!" Shuichi was left dumbstruck, "I'm glad you're trying to help me, but don't do anything impossible. Kokichi has the Initials on his side. Even if you can use the Electro Hammer, it's still dangerous getting near him."

"Of course..." Before Shuichi walked away, he turned around to Kaito. "By the way, other than your wounds, how are you feeling?"

"F-Feeling... O-Of course... it's nothing..."

"It's nothing to me, I'm fine. Really!" He left us to ourselves saying this is the time that Kokichi was to come back and check up on him. "Shuichi. I leave the rest to you..."

Shuichi was dumbfounded at Kaitos' speech, I had to drag him outside in order to let the story progress. The whole walk was somehow a comfortable silence, 'Shuichi probably has a million things running through his mind....'

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰