0.1 || Flashback.

March 17th, 2019

"Liah! You have one more week of school. You can't slack off now." her mom said and pushed the curtains apart.

"I don't wanna go. This week is just me doing normal work like any other week. What's the point?" She sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Not true. We leave Maine the day after tomorrow, so you have to do your best the next few days, okay? So it's not whatever, Daliah." Her mom walked out of her room, closing the door.

Lish sighed and got out of bed, going to her bathroom. Sitting on the toilet putting on the only makeup she wore, which was mascara and eyeliner. After a while she got the liner to be just right, she put everything away and went out to her room to get dressed. She put a sweater and leggings on with converse, grabbing her phone and her school bag. Liah, walked out to the small kitchen in the apartment, she got herself food, then fed her cat. Her mother already left for work, so she grabbed something easy to eat and her house keys.

"I love you Fish." She petted the cats gray head and smiled faintly.

The cat meowed and jumped down from the couch he was on. She walked out and locked the door, she walked down the flight of stairs and then left the building, going to her car. She unlocked her car and got in buckling herself in and looked at the necklace hanging from her rear-view-mirror. Liah took it off and put it on, messing with it, feeling the stones under her fingers.

~

"You'll be coming home soon right?" Billie asked, looking at Daliah, through the computer screen.

"Yes. Hopefully they don't keep my dad here for any longer." She said and looked at her, who was illuminated by a blacklight in Her room.

"I hope not. I really miss you and your cat" her hair was pinned up in a claw clip, her hair bangs falling neatly in her face.

"We miss you guys too, i promise." Liah smiled and messed with the necklace Billie gave to her before she left.

"You're still wearing it?" Billie questioned and perked her head up, gleaming that she still had a piece of her on.

"Of course i do. I'll always wear it. You got it for me.''

"I love you."

"I love you too."

~

The drive wasn't but ten minutes from the apartment to the highschool that she'd be leaving in a few days. The school wasn't big or anything to gawk over, it had what needed to be in it and that was it. One good thing that came out going to that school was the two friends, and that's all she ever wanted. Malarie, and Jackie were what saved her the day she transferred to the school, and she couldn't be more grateful for them both.

Liah finally pulled into the car park of the school and parked where she did almost always. Gathering her bag and phone she got out of her car, locking it. Hearing her name from across the parking lot, she turned around and saw Malarie, jogging to her. Mal was a tad shorter than Liah, which she always made fun of her for, and her small hands. She smiled, stopping behind her car waiting till she was in front of her.

"Hey Mal, how's your morning so far?" Turning around the two of them started walking to go into the school building.

"It's okay. I remembered that you're moving back to Los Angeles in a few days and I'm sad." She stayed close by her and walked into the cold hallways that had kids doing last minute studying that they didn't do over the weekend.

"Yeah I know. It sucks but I promise we'll talk or try to keep in contact." she nudged her arm which pushed her over a little bit.

"You stayed in contact with your friend in LA, for about a year you said. I don't want that to happen to us." Mal pouted and stopped in the middle of the school hallway, making Daliah stop abruptly.

"We both stopped talking to each other because she made the choice too. She's something completely different. I doubt I'll talk to her when I get back." She put her hands on Mal's face, squishing her cheeks.

"Promise me, you won't forget about me?" The girl begged with her face squished between Liah's cold hands.

"I promise you I won't forget about you. I'll even get matching tattoos with you  if you want me too." She giggled and let her go.

Is she different? Would she care if I came back home?
No. She shouldn't, she has her own life now. She has someone, so why would it matter.
Maybe she's not different? Maybe she's the exact same.
Does she still want me to come back?
I hope so.