2.2 || To Late

"So you come to Maine after your girlfriend broke up with you, and then see the two people who are no longer friends with you cause you slept with her?" He asked and looked at Liah messing with the hem of her shirt. "And then you smacked the girl that... called you a whore?" He felt uncomfortable repeating what she said and cleared his throat.

"Yes... i know i don't go here anymore but don't call my mom... she doesn't know i'm here and i'm on thin ice already." Liah looked up at him and he interlocked his hands on his desk.

"I won't call your mom. I've been in the loop of you and your friends for two years, and I have seen a difference in Malarie's and Cassidy's behavior after what I'm taking the week it happened. They became closer and excluded Danielle and Jack from the group and made their own — of i am not mistaken?" He looked at her and then saw Danny and Jackie pilling on top of each other to see if she was in the room with him.

Liah sighed and continued to have her rant session about what's going on in her life in California. He was truly invested in hearing about all of it after he closed the small blind on the window, the two were looking through. She started to talk fast which was normal when she had a lot on her mind. He grasped as much as he could, much like he did when she went to school there. He watched her slowly come to a close on her long tangent about her personal life and then her parents.

When she was done she took a deep breath in and closed her eyes, putting herself back into a semi normal happy headspace. He Smiled and let out a chuckle when she was done, he handed her something to mess with from one of his desk drawers. She took it and looked at him.

"Stop looking at me like you're my therapist... I don't go to therapy... yet." She said sarcastically and poked the stuffed animal he gave her.

"I know. You made it clear the first time I pulled you in here to not treat you like a therapist, and to treat you like one of my own children. I have done that and you've grown a lot over the two years I've known you Ms Montgomery." He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. "As someone who has been in numerous rant sessions from anyone that trusts me to hear them. You are by far the most interesting, you know that?"

"Are you flirting with me?" She joked while furrowed her brows, he looked at her and let out a nervous laugh."

"No. But since you are not a student i can tell you this; Shut up and let me talk." He took a breath in and heard the main bell ring for the remaining students to go to class. "Malarie can be complicated and hard headed. Try and talk to her and if that doesn't work i can only do so much."

"I don't want to talk to her. For god's sake I slapped Cassidy and I think she saw me do it." She raised her voice at him and tightened her grip around the stuffed animal. "I knew Malarie liked me. Part of me was scared that i'd never wanna go back home, if i let myself like her. i didn't want her mad at me..." Liah put her head on his desk making a loud thump as her head hit the desk.

She felt bad that she was in the same building as Mal, but not even wanting to see her. Coming to Maine was in the spur of the moment, after Billie broke up with her, which she covered up by leaving, again. Liah was never one to stay in one environment that she got hurt in, which is why she always runs, knowing it annoys everyone around her.

"Hey now... tell me about Skylar, to take your mind off something okay?" He gave her a reassuring tone and got the small box of tissues ready just in case she needed them at some point.

"I don't want to. As much as I love her, I just- i don't want to talk about her." she lifted her head up and rested her chin on the desk.

"But you mentioned her."

"I know what i did. I don't want to talk about her though."

"Okay..." He looked at her and then the computer screensaver turn on, not knowing what to say to her, which was usually the time she left his office.

The room was quiet, the only sound was the clock on the wall clicking every second. Liah picked at every part of her brain of things she needed to talk about only coming across two. Thinking of both of them, it tore her into pieces just thinking she did them to Billie. The one person she didn't want to hurt, she did just that.

"I told her I thought I could love her." She mumbled and sat up straight looking at him, making the fuzz on the animal go one way. "I told her i thought i could love her, when she told me she had loved me since we were fifteen... She was vulnerable and i made her feel like shit, when all i wanted for two years was to tell her that i loved her too." Sniffling, she took her hand and wiped away the tear falling down her face.

"Are you scared of loving her, now that she's a singer?" He said, taking her by surprise that he knew, she looked at him taken aback. "It sounds weird but, one of your friends told your friends here and they told me. Are you afraid people who like her will try and take her from you?"

"No. I didn't even know she was a singer till a while ago. I knew she wrote songs and stuff but never went through with what she wanted to do."

"Do you love her?"

"Of course i love her... I just think it's too late now. I ruined it." She whined and put her feet on the chair hugging her knees.

"Once someone falls in-love, you never fall out of love with that person. If she loves you like Danny think's she does, she'll need you at some point in her life. Maybe that point is now."