5.3 || In Washington

When Jace watched the door slam in his face, he sat in a corner of the porch, hearing the faint laughter from inside. Hours went by and the sun set fully, the cold air made him regret not going somewhere to get food, but he was committed to make his point to Liah. When people started to pile out of the house, only one noticed him.

"Finneas- do you and Liah want to watch a movie at my place?" Weirded out by how he was now standing, with his hands in his pockets, staring at the ground.

"I can't tonight but I'm sure she'd want to, hey Liah!" Finneas walked back inside the house and Billie looked at him when the door shut.

"Can I help you?" Her brows furrowed and she crossed her arms, as she held her eyes onto him.

"No I'm just... waiting for Daliah-"

"Good to know. And you waited outside while all of us were inside? Why wouldn't she invite you in?" The door opened and Liah went to Billie, with her nose in her phone.

"I can watch a movie at your place but I don't want to drive, so I'm gonna pack a bag and sleep over. Is that okay?" She finally turned her phone off and looked at her."

"Yeah that's okay. Why didn't you invite your... friend? Inside for dinner?"

"What? What friend?" She looked confused, and finally looked in the direction she was looking. "Why are you still here."

"Because I love you." He made eye contact with her, the. watched Claudia and Finneas step out onto the porch also.

"You don't get to say that-" Liah's chest tightened as her eyes didn't leave him.

"Is everything okay?" Claudia took Liah's hand, which made her feel a bit better.

"Everything is fine. It's one of Liah's friends." Billie watched her breathing get faster and heavier after what he said.

"Uhm.. yeah I'm okay. I'll call you tomorrow okay?" She hugged Claudia, and then Finneas.

After reassuring them she'd be fine, they hesitantly left, carrying the leftovers Liah's parents gave them. The three of them were still on the porch, no one saying a word; just blank stares all around. To Billie his voice sounded familiar but she couldn't think of why, or where she heard it.

"Billie, you remember the night you got upset with me in Washington?" She finally spoke up, still keeping her gaze on the guy in front of her.

"Yes? Why does that matter now?" Billie was visibly confused and looked at Liah, hoping for a look or an answer.

"Just wondering... you can wait in the car I'll be there in a bit." When Liah looked at her, giving her a soft smile Billie automatically knew what she was meaning.

"Okay... if you need anything just yell." She huffed and playfully bumped into her as she pulled her keys, from her sweatpants pocket.

The awkward tension between them was so thick, anyone could feel it. Jace could feel his heart in his chest Ashe moved closer to her. Liah moved away as he moved closer, which made him stop.

"You have two minutes to say what you want to."

"I love you."

"Anything except that." Her chest tightened again and her nails started to dig into her palms.

"Why not? I do, and I miss you. Everyone does, just come back to Washington."

"Oh my fucking god!" She rolled her eyes and put her hands on the banister, and leaned over it.

"You can't tell me you don't love me to- or atleast miss me, any of us!" He raised his voice and removed his hands from his jacket.

"I don't!" Liah snapped and yelled at him, for the first time. "I don't miss you, work, anyone! You all were friends before I came along and it's gonna go back to that." As her hands were pressed against the wood, her palms became sore, from pressure and the nail imprints.

"She left you, and she's going to do it again! I don't care if she's famous, she's not good for you!"

"You don't know what good for me! I do. You have no say in what or who is good for me... now. Go home Jace." He watched her go inside, and ran his hands through his hair.

The dim car light in Billie's car turned on and he saw it from his side vision. He could see her smile on her face as she moved her eyes, from him to her phone. Without thinking he started walking to her car, and he secretly really admired the girl, and her matte black car. She already had her window rolled down and looked at him.

"Can I help you?" Billie had a smile on her face and her hand was on the wheel.

"What you did was unforgivable to her. She won't tell you but she spent hours crying over you, Billie." His eyes matched her level, and stared back at her.

"You think I didn't? You think I don't love her don't you? Well I do. I'd bet my whole career that she'll cave in the next few months. Why? Cause I've known her since we were kids. I wasn't the issue... the issues were management... you dick." Billie rolled up her window, ignoring him as he was cursing her out.

Without failure, Liah came out and watched him start loosing his temper. She walked up to the passenger side of the car and felt the brisk air conditioning on her skin. Billie was giggling at how his voice was cracking, which also made Liah giggle. The two put their seatbelts on and Billie started to back out of the drive way.