2.0 || I didn't feel the same

Liah got dropped off at her house by a cab she called and held the clothes she wore the night before in her hands. She had her shoes in her hands also while she walked on the pavement, she walked up to the door and knocked on the door. Colson ran to the door and opened it seeing Liah at the door, and then moved past him to go up to her room. Not saying hi to her brother, and ignoring everything Colson was trying to tell her, she closed her bedroom door and sighed finally being in the dark.

Liah threw the clothes and shoes on the floor and laid down on her bed covering her head up with a pillow. She felt uneasy by her surroundings and sat up seeing someone in her desk chair with their arms crossed. After her eyes adjusted her pulse became normal, and she cursed herself out under her breath.

"What are you doing here?" She said and hid her eyes in the palms of her hands.

"I could say the same thing, but you were out getting drunk. I couldn't even reach you." Billie looked at her and just kept her head down, staring at the floor.

"Skylar had my phone all night, so she made sure I wouldn't call anyone or even my parents." Liah mumbled quietly not being able to talk any louder or it would hurt her head.

"It's always Skylar, never anyone else. How could you be so fucking blind Daliah."

"Hey- not the full name, anything but that, please..." Groaning, she removed her hands focused her gaze on her. Billie's hair was falling in her face, making her face hard to see in the dim light.

"It's not a nickname type of conversation." Picking the skin from around her nails she just kept staring down so she couldn't see her face.

"What are you talking about? Are you upset I went to a party and then turned around and got drunk? If so i won't do it again. I don't want you mad at me..." She ran her hand through the parts of her hair that were knotted and tried to pick them apart.

"No! I'm mad you don't talk to me about nearly anything." Billie raised her voice which made Liah wince and close her eyes.

The two sat in silence, Liah recovering from the start of a bad headache and Billie trying to calm herself. Liah sighed and got in her bedside drawer and got medicine, then grabbed a tin water bottle from her floor. Billie watched her take it and then watched her hands, as she fumbled with them. Liah sat straight up with her eyes focused on the lid.

"Maybe cause you didn't tell me that you have people willing to kill to meet you, or that you made a name for yourself." She said softly and felt her body rock back and forth slightly.

"Cause i was scared you'd see me differently. Colson knew but i asked him to respect the fact that i'm in love with you, and don't want to get you involved with the media. Clearly you can't feel the same." She stood up and went over to the door wanting to leave.

"I never said I didn't love you Billie." She watched Billie's shadow float to the door, turned her entire body to face her.

"But you didn't say you did love me." Billie rested her hand on the door knob, her mind racing of things she could say. Pushing people away was something they both were good at. Of Billie pushed Liah away, it wouldn't end pretty for either of them.

"I'm a person, what do you want me to do? I apparently can't reciprocate feeling like that, like someone else can."

"I don't want anyone else! Anyone else would be a fling or a hookup. I want you, before anyone else makes you not want me." She could see Liah's eyes fall to the floor infront of her.

"Billie-"

"Tell me why you were hiding at my house for days, and never once told me about malarie." She said and walked closer to her. She could see she was confused and sighed running both her hands through her hair.

"Cause it didn't matter?" She furrowed her brows at her and put her hair into a loose ponytail. "I didn't tell you cause it was a stupid fight, and she hasn't even made an effort to text me. I don't want to talk about it, okay?"

"But i bet you talked to Skylar about it, didn't you." Billie scoffed and folded her arms looking at her, a mix of being calm and mad.

"She knew about it beforehand... Skylar was the one who told me why Malarie over reacted to me being with you." Liah became quiet and reached for her phone and scolded through the messages to the day of the argument. "Do you want to know why she won't talk to me? Or make the effort to even respond to texts about me from our friends?"

Billie watched her scroll through the texts and was confused of the reason why Liah wasn't nervous around her. She shook her head and slowly walked even to her and sat at the end of the bed watching her. Liah was calm for being hungover, but she didn't know how to bring up what she wanted to. Liah found the start of the conversation and handed her phone over to Billie and let her read them.

Billie thoroughly read through them and glanced up at Liah and watched her hold the same position while messing with her hands. She recognized the shirt and pants she had on but just kept reading the messages till she got to the part where Liah meant.

"She liked you, and you didn't know?" She spoke up and looked at her.

"I did. I just didn't feel the same way. I missed out on a lot cause I didn't date a lot when I was in Maine, and I should've, maybe we wouldn't be so fucked up."

"Yeah? Maybe we wouldn't be fucked up. But what's even more fucked up, is the moment we get back together you fuck your best friend." Billie threw down Liah's phone and got up from her bed, walking to the bedroom door. "You're wearing my clothes by the way. Lena called and told me everything." She slammed the door behind her, leaving Liah alone in her room.