0.3 || Momma.

Twenty-four hours from Los Angeles, driving with over what she thought her car could hold. The bumps in the road made her necklace sway back and forth on the mirror. She groaned softly and looked over to see her sleeping brother, with something playing on the tablet she let him use. She glanced in her rear-view-mirror and the side mirror, switching lanes.

Daliah was following her parents car, nervous that she'd lose their car in the traffic. The feeling of guilt washed over her as she left another state, going into another. She put her phone in the small tripod that held her phone up, on her dash gripping onto her steering wheel. Liah carefully pulled up someone's contact, and pressed the video call button. She took a deep breath, quickly rubbing her hands on her leggings; watching the phone say "connecting..."

"Hey, it's so good to talk to you! It's been forever!" Maggie said sitting in the kitchen.

"Hey! I'm sorry i haven't talked to you guys for a long time. School was so hectic, and I feel horrible." She pouted looking at her, and then the road.

"Don't apologize, Liah! You're fine, I promise. We miss you so much." She smiled and propped her phone up on something.

"I feel terrible." The girl whined and adjusted the grip on the steering wheel

"Where are you headed too with those boxes in the back of your car?" Maggie asked laced with hope that she would say that she was coming home to California.

"I'm actually on the free-way. I'm finally coming home after two long years." She got all happy saying it out loud finally to someone that wasn't friends or family.

"Home? Are we close?" Liah's little brother's head peeked up, still mainly invested into his game.

"No, not yet. Do you want to say hi to Maggie, before you go back to your game?"

"Billies mom?" he sat up pausing the game and turned her phone, with her assistance. "Hi momma!" He smiled and completly forgot about the game he was in.

"Hey hunny! I can't wait to see you again." She waved at August and smiled wide.

The two had a small conversation till he said his goodbyes and moved the phone back to Liah. They both caught up on what was happening, and what she missed not involving Billie. Daliah heard two familiar voices come home, she saw Billie walk behind Maggie not seeing Liah was on the phone. Maggie was welcomed by them both with hugs and kisses on her head, then on their phones.

"Who are you talking to?" Billie asked and stood next to her mom, scrolling on her phone liking a few posts.

"Liah, actually." She looked up at her and saw her hands freeze mid-scrolling.

"Like... Daliah Montomery" Her eyes got wide and bent down looking at the screen and screamed taking the phone from her mom.

"Hi." Liah waved slightly and looked at Billie and ran her hand through her hair; her sweaty palms pulling at her hair.

"Its been so long." The laugh that came out of her mouth was nervously hitched and swatted her mothers hand away from the phone she she could hold it. She felt her face heat up and checked if she was turning red in the camera.

"She's coming home." Maggie said and looked at her, now across the room from her.

"Wait really? Its been two years, You're telling me i get to see you again?" She threw her head back after, and looked over at Maggie who was smiling at her.

"Yep. official this time. I'm really happy about it to, cause there's no bullshit." Liah laughed and looked at her blue eyes through the screen and admired her smile.

What was that? A smile? Like a genuine smile?

She's fucking with me already, and I know why but I don't want to know why.

She's clearly different so why, did i have to come home when she's with someone.

I have my friends in L.A. They told me so much shit about her, i can't even remember all of it.

i can't even remember who i was two years ago.

"I think you'll like it back here again. The things that've been shut down and made into new things are abundant in town. It's so much different but the same at the same time you know?" She looked at her and put the phone down in-front of her mom this time so she could also see her.

"Yeah Colson, told me that the places by the school are now thrift stores and such." She cleared her throat and looked ahead.

"You still talk to him?" Billie looked confused being that he just stopped talking to her.

"Yeah we've kept in contact since i left, you haven't talked to him?" She furrowed her brows and looked over at her camera for a second then back at the road.

"No, we haven't talked since i met new friends, which was last year." Maggie nudged billies arm notioning for her to stop.

"Weird... he never said anything about you." She lied. "We've just talked and he liked my friend Malarie and Jackie in Maine. Maybe he talked about you to them?" She inquired and shook her head.