3.6 || You'll Never Know

"I find you in sad songs, the sound of the rain, sunsets, smiles, Sunday's and all the small things."

⚠️Tw: SH, read at your own discretion please. ⚠️
******

"Can we talk?" Billie asked, the phone line cracking, making it hard for her to hear.

"Yeah, I'm just packing some stuff to go to Washington for a bit." She zipped the suitcase she packed and sat on her bed. "What did you want to talk about?" Liah got nervous, when the line got silent.

"My management called me. They think it's not the best to date someone, who isn't familiar with the music, or the fame." She sighed, finally getting it out of her.

"They want you to break up with me? Well that's stupid cause I know you aren't... right?" Liah's voice got softer at the end of statement, which turned into a question, she didn't want to know the answer too.

"I don't want to, so I'm trying everything I can to get him to stop being an ass about this." Billie ran her hands through her hair and put the call off speaker and put it to her ear, walking around.

"I just got you back... I can't have someone take you from me, now." She got softer, and put her phone beside her head and curled up in her blanket.

"You're not going too, I promise-"

"Billie. You have a call." Finneas said, and took Billie's phone And handed her his phone. "Liah?"

"Yeah it's me. I miss you, where are you coming back?" She asked, trying to make her heart not beat out of her chest.

"Soon hopefully. I miss you too, I wanna see you as soon as I can when we get back though okay?" He smiled even though she couldn't see him, but he imagined she could.

"Okay. It sounds like a date." She joked and stifled out a laugh, which made him chuckle.

The two of them had a close bond, a closer bond than what her and Colson have. Liah never got along with guy friends that offer, it was a miracle she had as many as she did. Finneas and her kept a conversation going till Billie came back. Billie muted the call talking to Finneas, a few seconds later Billie's voice was in the line.

"Hey Montgomery?" Billie asked seeing if she was still on the phone.

"I'm here Eilish." She smiled and looked at the name of Billie's contact.

"I can't be with you anymore." Billie said, making Liah's heart stop. Billie felt her chest tighten as she forced the words to come out of a her mouth, her knees felt weak.

"Wh-what?... no you can't-"

"It's nothing personal Liah, I have too." Her eyes started to fill with tears as she started to breath faster.

"No this is personal. I know I always said to leave me be, but please, please don't leave me be." Liah sniffed a bit and shit her eyes tight, wishing this was a bad dream. A bad bad dream that she would wake up from.

"Listen before I go. I love you, okay? You're my best friend and always will be no matter what happens." Billie's voice was cracking, that Finneas could hear it breaking from in the hall.

"Billie please!" Liah yelled into the phone, her voice having pain lace every word she spoke.

"Goodbye, Liah."
~~~~~~

She sat there shaking, and bounced her leg up and down looking at the guy in front of her. He was looking at her, realising she was crying. He took his hand and wiped her cheeks from the wetness of the tears on her skin. She flinched away from his hand, not used to having people touch her face, or at all anymore.

"I didn't mean to scare you... you were crying and I didn't have tissues. Which I probably should, cause you cry a lot." He scoffed and got hit in his shoulder by her, telling him to shut up.

"It's a topic I don't like talking about. It's not a great time in my life." She sniffled and pulled her sleeves over her hands, hiding them.

He watched her stretch her shirt sleeves out, hearing the threads break in the mix of it. He took her hand and rolled up her sleeve to her wrist, his grip made her nervous. She yanked her hand back from him and kept her sleeves down.

"Just cause I work with you doesn't mean you can touch me when you feel like it." She played with her fraying sleeves and looked down at the blue colour, becoming individual threads.

"Liah-"

"Just stop talking... Skylar doesn't even know what happened that night. You do now, and it be my luck I cry to you about it." She cut him off and looked up at him. She put her feet on the seat, wrapping her arms around her legs.

"Why cry about it two years later?" He asked, and looked at her. Then her frayed sleeves, noticing something about her.

"Cause, no one knows how much I cried that night. Or that month. Everyone thought I took it so well, when I was being brave for everyone else, and I had to fix myself." She mumbled and took her thumbs subconsciously rubbing both her arms.

"Did you hurt yourself, cause of her." Jace sat up and moved over on his bed to be closer to her.

"No, I would-" before she could think about finishing, he took her arm and rolled up her sleeve.

He felt weak and watched Liah pull down her sleeve. The two felt sick in their stomachs when they realised what he did. The first person who found out, was the person she cried to not even ten minutes ago. The room was silent for a long time, till the sounds of Liah's soft sobs came from in-front of him.

"You're an asshole!" She sobbed and crawled into his arms, felling safer there than by herself.

"But you still love me, don't you." He held onto her and held her even more gently than he would have ever thought he could. He handled her like she was going to break, or like she was already broken.

"I do... I kinda have to cause you're my ride for the night."