0.2 || A song.

"You're leaving in the next day or so right? I feel like you just got here." Mal whined and looked at her best friend.

"The day after tomorrow, but I'll call you whenever i can, and even better! you can come to LA." Liah smiled and handed her some of her food.

"Who's going to tease the nerds at the movies, with me now?" Loudly groaning, she was referencing her brother and his friends, who got them into movies every week.

"Get Jackie to do it! He's like another you but gayer." As the two girls softly laughed and looked at eachother, Liah nudged Mal's shoulder. "You'll be fine without me. I promise." Liah got up and put her hands in her coat pockets.

"You leaving?" She looked upset and sad as she nodded and cleaned off her hands.

"Yeah. I got an excuse from the counselor that I can leave once I'm done with my stuff. I'm going to get gas and pack up the rest of my stuff." Rocking back and forth, dreading yet another goodbye, she bit the inside of her cheek.

"Awe... okay. Be safe okay? i love you" Mal quickly wrapped her arms around Liah, pulling her into a big hug.

Not having said "i love you" to anyone else besides her family and one other person, messed with her a little bit. Each time someone told her that they loved her, Liah's body would tense up and her mind would blanken. Hugging her back she doesn't say anything just hugs her best friend. She was a bad liar anyways but no one seemed to notice that she didn't mean it to them. She would only really mean it to her.

Why can't i stop thinking about her? Damnit get out of my head.

"I love you to Mal." She pulled away and smiled at the shorter female infront of her. Liah grabbed her things and left, walking into the school building.

She stopped at her locker and grabbed the few notebooks then left the locker barren inside. Fumbling with her keys walking out to the courtyard and down the cement steps. The school courtyard was quieter than the rest of the school year, which kinda creeped Daliah out. She reached her car and unlocked the door putting everything in the passenger seat.

Dahlia closed the passenger door and walked over to the drivers door. Her hand froze on the handle hearing someone call her name. She looked up seeing one of the secretaries that basically lived in the office. She didn't know the male standing in front of her, but noticed he was out of breath.

"It seems I caught you just in time." He chuckled and came a bit closer handing her a card.
"What's this?" She took it from him and opened it slowly.

"Graduation is in a few week so the principle and I calculated your grades and have sent them to the school you transferred from." He finally caught his breath and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Oh. thank you so much" Liah looked at it happily, seeing it official on cardstock. He smiled and shook her hand.

"You take care, alright?" He took a step back and walked back into the school.

Liah stood where she was completely astonished that even not putting a lot of effort into her work, that she still was allowed to leave. They couldn't keep her at the school even if she didn't have good mediocre grades, she wouldn't let them. She put the papers back in the envelope and got into her car, putting it with the other things in the passenger seat. 

Starting the car she sighed and laid her head on the headrest dreading packing up the boxes of her's and her brother's stuff. The coolness of the air conditioner hit her face and she stared out in-front of her. She put the car in reverse and backed out of the spot she was in, and then shifted into drive. She started her way home to the now crowded three bedroom apartment.

The car rode smoothly on the asphalt which made her happier for the day. Liah turned the radio on putting the local radio on, which was playing a song already. The girl's voice sounded familiar to her but she couldn't pin it to whom, in her head. She pushed the thought away in the back of her head and stopped at a red light, propping her elbow up on the door.

~

"One day i'm going to write you a song." billie said and closed the notebook, she put the pen in the metal spirals and threw it next to them.

"A song? Why for me though?" Liah looked up at her and was messing with a piece of the girls blue hair.

"You're an inspiration, Liah." She looked down at her and leaned back, looking at the golden flexes in her green eyes.

"But I'm boring to write about. I'm just... normal." Turning onto her side, she rested her head in her hand.

"When i look at you, you're not just normal. You're my girlfriend so there's something in you that's just... perfect." She smiled and took her hand, tucking the hair that was fallen in her face, mocking how she was positioned. The two laughed under their breath and just looked at eachother.

The way Liah felt at peace with her life in the moment of Billie looking at her was multiplied by thousands. Liah basically lived at Billies house but they both stayed close to each other, which felt right to them both. Both of them were young but people have a slim chance of finding their soulmate young. At Least that's what Liah told.

~

How can I still love you after so long?