2.7 || Finny

'You can't forget someone when you're still hoping for them to come back.'

The sun was shining through the windows of Liah's work, she wasn't thrilled that she had to be the first one to open and clean the restaurant. Liah worked at a pizza place a few miles from her and Skylar's apartment, she only settled for it cause it was the only thing hiring at the time. She had her hair up in a messy bun on the top of her head while she was mopping the tile in the kitchen.

She wiped down all the tables and the little candy machine at the front of the restaurant. After restocking napkins and folding the to-go boxes she sat in the back room waiting for someone else to come in so she wasn't the only one there. She looked at the news articles that she got updates on when singers were putting new music out or touring.

Before she could actually read about a female singer that was starting her tour, the front door opened making a bell go off in the breakroom and the kitchen. One of her co-workers came and sat his stuff down. Jace was the one sitting next to her, him and her were trainee's together because they were hired around the same time.

"Y'know you'll have to say yes to a date with me sometime." He said and looked at her, who was texting someone back.

"Y'know one day you'll get tired of asking me to go out with you." She put her phone down and looked at him, interlacing her fingers together.

"I won't till i get you to say yes." Jace smiled and mocked her, leaning in a bit making their faces a few feet apart. "Just one date. I won't ask you again if it doesn't go well, we don't even have to go anywhere... just once, Montgomery." He cocked his head to the side a bit, making her smile.

"For someone so persistent, you're all around a good guy." She smirked at him and leaned her face into him more, making his face turn a shade of pink. "If i say yes, will you finally stop asking Skylar to set me up with you?"

"She wasn't supposed to tell you!" His face turned a shade of red now, pulling his face back from her's which made her giggle. "But yes. I won't ask her or you again."

"We can set it up after i come home from California, okay? I need to see my brother and a few other people." She dug around in her bag, pulling out something she could eat before the restaurant started to fill up with people.

He smiled and put his hands behind his head happy with the small progress he made with her. The door opened again and the sound of a few people coming to the back to the break room. The rest of the workers Jace and Liah worked with was here which made her move to the farthest seat to the wall. Two tall guys and a small ginger haired girl walked in and sat their bags on the table.

The girl sat beside Liah and the two guys sat in front of her and Liah. They were having their own conversation which Jace added himself into, the two girls sitting in silence looking at their phones. Liah forgot what she was doing and exited out of all her opened apps, and went to text Finneas. He kept in contact with her more than his sister — or at least he made an effort to talk to her.

Liah: "Morning Finny. How are things down there?"

Finneas: "Morning Liah! There's a lot happening right now actually. Your mom stopped by the other day though, she asked if we would be seeing your brother at his school?"

Liah: "I asked her to ask you, cause he loves you guys. He's in a talent show thingy, he was hoping you guys could come."

Finneas: "Oh that's cool! I wish we could make it but we aren't gonna be in town."

Liah: "that's okay,  i'll let him know when i see him in a few days."

Finneas: "Tell Auggy, I miss him though, we all do!"

Liah: "You all, or just you and your parents?"

Finneas: "She's trying Liah."

Liah: "i was trying to, but she shut me out..."

Liah: "i gotta go."

She shut her phone off and threw it on the table, having it slide to the middle of the table. The attention of the girl next to her was caught when she heard the phone hit the table. She moved to a seat next to her, resting her head in her hand. Liah looked at her and saw her face. The face of reassurance that she could talk to her.

"You okay? You look stressed." She said and gave her a soft smile.

"I'm okay, I don't really want to talk about it right now though." She stood up from the table they all were at and went to walk out of the room.

The guys that were sitting in-front of her were calling her name trying to get her to come back to the small inner circle. She flipped them off and walked out, closing the door behind her. Liah walked to the bathroom on the other side of the restaurant and locked herself in it, she put her hands on the sink and stared at the drain below her. The necklace around her neck was swaying back and forth, as it dangled from her neck. The stones shining as the light caught every one of them

I thought I would be the one to break up with her.

She broke up with me.

It was a year ago and i still can't get it out of my head.

How pathetic.