2.1 || Maine

"I can't believe you're here!" Danny said and threw her arms around her neck hugging her tightly.

"Yeah, I can't believe I'm here either." She smiled and stood up on the porch step so they would be the even height.

"Did Jackie drive you here or did you drive it yourself?" She pulled away looking at her and left kisses all over her face.

"I flew in for a few days, Jackie picked me up from the airport though. I told him not to tell you though, cause i knew you would be excited for me to come here." Liah giggled and closed her eyes tightly letting her friend smother her in kisses. Feeling back in her little own world she felt welcomed and less stressed to make an effort to be happy for people.

The Maine fog was setting in, and Liah didn't have her ride anymore since she left after dropping her off. Danny just looked at her and then took her hand dragging her inside to see her family, who was thrilled and surprised to see her. Danny's step sister and mother hugged her before she could get a hello out. Her dad stayed seated and just waved at her, not giving an effort to stand up.

"Can i get you anything? Food? Water? Anything at all?" Blaire asked and held her shoulders with her hands looking down at her.

"no , I'm okay. I don't eat much anyways." She took her bag off her back and looked at her. "If it's not too much to ask, is it okay if i sleep here for a few days? I would ask Mal-"

"Of course you can stay here!" She cut her off and hugged her again but not smothering her in her chest like the first time.

"Mom, you're suffocating her again." She laughed a bit and watched her pull away apologizing.

"Are we gonna have a sleepover?!" The blonde little girl asked, holding a stuffed animal in her hands. Liah nodded and hugged her, thanking the little girls mom.

~~~~~~

"Hey Cass-" Jackie drug her by her arm and pulled her into a corner with him.

"Erm- hi? What do you need so urgently." She looked up at him and took her arm back from his grasp.

"I need you to keep Malrie away from Danny for today, can you do that?" he asked and looked around the school hallway.

"I can try? We don't have the same  classes together though." She furrowed her brows and looked at him being worried, putting her hands on her hips. "Why are you acting so weird? You act like you saw a ghost."

"I don't know how to explain it, okay? Just- i don't need her to see someone. And especially you of all people." He looked at her and she raised her brows and scoffed.

"I'm not gonna fight anyone. Who am I avoiding with Mal, now?" Cassidy asked and crossed her arms.

"If i tell you, i need you to promise me you won't attack her."

"I don't make promises like that you know that."

"Fine..." he sighed and leaned on the wall in the corner. "Liah is here with Danny cause Danny leaves school today— cause she finished early y'know? So she came an hour ago and i just found out... so I need you and Mal to stay away-" He got cut off by Cass leaving while he was mid sentence and looked down each little hallway she passed.

Jackie followed her trying to talk to her, but she ignored him while she made her way to the staircase to the second floor. He followed her and once she figured out they weren't on the floor, they both went downstairs. Jackie finally caught up to her and stopped in front of her making her stop in her tracks, he was breathing heavily and put his hands on his knees. He caught his breath and stood up straight looking at her with her arms crossed and one of her eyebrows rose.

"You can't talk to her , out of all people you should get that." He watched her facial expressions, she stuck her nose up and walked past him and followed a group of people into the gym.

"You knew her for a year and I knew her for two, you don't get what she put Mal through when she found out Liah slept with Billie." She yelled and Jackie tried shutting her up after seeing people starting to whisper about Liah.

"Look, don't do this please. You were really close to her."

"Yeah i'm not any more." Cass snickered and raised her voice again. "Why stick up for a whore anyway!"

"Cassidy!" Danny yelled from the gym door and had Liah behind her holding he hands in-front of her.

"You think you can move back to L.A. and become a girl who sleeps with the first person they see? but somehow here you are! Why are you even here?" She walked over to the two of them making the room silent.

"I knew Malarie felt that way when i did it, i'll admit. she's the one who told me to go get whoever it was that i liked, so ask her!" She went to walk forward but got stopped by Danny.

"Danny, why are you protecting her? You have a crush on her too? Or maybe her best friend Skylar?" She smirked and crossed her arms looking at them both.

"You know next to nothing... Why are you making a big deal out of this? This never involved you in the first place Cass." Jackie, spoke up and walked over to liah and Danny looking at her.

"Oh, so now you're on their side? How nice-"

"Cass, just shut up!" Liah yelled taking the three of them off guard along with the people watching. She moved from around Danny and stood in-front of her making her slightly uncomfortable.

"The ugly duckling came home didn't she."

Liah Scoffed and struck Cass across her face, making everyone gasp. She turned around and exited the gym after being stunned by what she did. After she left she stopped seeing Malarie standing in the hallway beside the gym doors. Liah stopped in her tracks when she saw her.

"Liah-"

She stopped her from saying anything else and walked the way the entrance was, going into the guidance counselor's room. Danny Looked at Jackie and then Cassidy still holding the side of her face Liah smacked her on.

"She's got the spunk she had when she moved her, that's for sure."

"Not the time Danny..."