4.3 || Ally ways

"Your fingers intertwined slowly with mine, and suddenly, life made
sense."

"I could have left you be, and not come. Your choice."

Billie shook her head and looked at her. "Please. Please don't leave me be." She took a sip of her drink and looked at her food in her lap.

"Okay then. Just remember this was your plan, i just planned what to do." Liah shrugged and ate the last of her burrito.

Billie sat still staring at her food, while Liah got up and threw the paper wrapper, and her drink away. She could tell something was bothering her, so she went to sit back down. The concrete was slippery toward the curb so she made sure to be careful. After getting back to where she was sitting, she nudged Billie and cocked her head.

"Hey." She nudged her again to get her full attention. "Earth to Billie-" Liah waved her hand in front of her face. "Anyone home in there?"

"Yeah sorry. I was just thinking about something." She shrugged and took the last few bites of her bean burrito.

"Thinking?" The girl furrowed her brows and rested her head on her knees. "What about?"

She looked beside her, whose nose was turning pink from sitting out in the cold. "What do you wanna do in life?" Billie asked and moved closer to her, warming both of them up a bit more.

"We're getting older... you have your career for years to come, and all i have is-" She cleared her throat and stood up, reaching her hand out.

"And all you have is what?"

"Nothing forget about it. I wanna show you something." Liah waved her hand at her, suggesting she took it.

Billie gathered up her trash stuffing it in the bag, and then grabbing Liah's hand. The two walked down the sidewalk making sure not to slip on show or white ice. They walked next to each other and hand their fingers intertwined together, a familiar and distant feeling. It was second nature to the two, having one hold the others hand, not necessarily by each other, but by Billies 'girlfriend' and Skylar.

While she was thinking about her wonderful girlfriend, she heard a few clicks, and turned around. Billie stoped in her tracks and looked behind her.

"What? What's wrong?" Liah looked behind her as well and looked in the direction she was looking.

"Nothing... I just thought I heard a camera click."

"Oh? That's weird, no one saw you leave the venue." Liah tugged at her hand and kept walking, staying close to her.

"Yeah I know. I guess I'm just so used to hearing them all the time." She brushed it off and held onto her a bit tighter.

"What time do you have to be back in L.A. tomorrow?"

"Erm. Around- five? Six o'clock? Why?" Billie looked up at her a bit and had a shrewd of hope she'd wanna tag along.

"No reason. Just asking so I can have my mom drop some of your things off that you left." She gave her a faint smile and looked down at her feet.

"Oh... you know you can keep it right?" Her heart broke and she looked away from her, not knowing if it showed that what Liah said hurt her.

"I know but you spent money on it." Liah sighed. "Plus I'm not their to take it, and you will be."

"Don't worry about it. I got it for you, and I have no use for it."

The two kept walking in silence before Billies name was yelled from across the street. She muttered 'Fuck' under her breath and kept her head down. The next few moments happened so fast her head spun, all she could see was a gosh of light and then nothing. The two were behind something on the pavement of an ally.

Before they could look back from their friend the two girls were out of sight. Liah was looking behind her shoulder seeing the girl who called Billies name, her become sad that she disappeared. Billie still couldn't comprehend how she was on on the ground but she appreciated it. Getting nodded after a show or even when she's with someone is aggravating, but she'd also do anything to meet her fans.

"Are you alright? I was kinda forceful but I didn't want you to be uncomfortable especially since you look... sad." Liah's voice was down to a soft tone, and looked in front of her.

"What... just happened?" She looked at Liah and looked around her, seeing her surroundings.

"The girl yelled your name, we stopped walking and i quickly pulled you into here-" She waved her hands around motioning to the damp ally way. "And I pushed you down cause even though your short they could still see you."

"Thank you." The flickering light gave some time to see her face, all that she could see was the soft smile she gave her in the dark. "And I'm not sad."

"That's a lie." Liah responded almost immediately. "I said something that hurt you... I'm good at that now more than ever." She kept the smile on her face to lighten her words.

"You didn't do anything. I'm fine, really." Billie stood up and brushed her knees off, for the first time, acknowledging the bruises on her legs.

Liah followed and stood up wiping the snow off her hands and knees. Her hands were numb from the cold so she held them to her mouth, her breath warming them back up. They stood warming their hand up from the cold and just looked at each other.

"You're a bad liar. Your fans don't think so but you are." She started shaking and wrapped her jacket tighter around her.

"Maybe I'm tired of lying."

"You don't have too lie to me."

"I know." Billie groaned and looked at her feet. "Tell he what you were gonna say back there. About you having something."

"Billie, don't do this." Her voice got soft again, when she recalled what she was gonna say.

"If you tell me I'll tell you what hurt me."

Liah sighed and took her hand rubbing her face. She looked down at the ground and leaned against the brick wall. "All I have is the burning need to settle down. I want a family and no one to do it with. I want to wake up next to my person and just know that I'm safe there. I don't have that, I have a fat cat and a roommate that still puts alphabet magnets on the fridge, for no reason." Liah could feel Billie watching her as she spoke. Her body shivered again and she look at her. "What made you sad."