1.8 || Affection.

"Liah, wake up!" Skylar jumped up on her bed, violently waking her up.

"I'm awake!" She put her pillow over her head and groaned, the bright morning light hurting her eyes. "What do you want, Sky?" She removed her pillow from her face and kept her eyes closed.

"You have been sleeping for two days straight, I've tried waking you up and nothing. Since you're awake you're coming to a party with me." She plopped down on her, straddling her.

"What?" Liah sat up and looked at her with wide eyes and grabbed her phone from her night stand.

"Yeah you're phone was non-stop. I turned the messages off cause it was falling off your stand by the vibration." She took her phone from her. "Come with me Liah, I'm worried about you." She pouted and looked down at her.

"If i say yes can i have my phone?" Watching Skylar nod, Liah agreed and was handed her phone seeing the messages from everyone but Malarie.

As hurt as Liah was that she hasn't now talked to her best friend for almost a week, she hid it and looked at Billie's messages that were more than anyone else's. From what she read, she wasn't mad about the other day just worried she wasn't responding. She spent about twenty minutes reading many paragraphs she sent, along with good morning and good night messages that she started to send to only her.

"Billie came over last night by the way. She said she was worried about you... your brother told her you were dead. You should have seen her face." She chuckled a bit and looked down at her, still straddling her. "I cleared it up that you actually weren't dead and just in a mental exhaustion coma."

"She didn't text me anything after nine. Is that around the time she came by?" Liah laid back down and put her hand over her eyes, not even caring she was on top of her.

"I think? I don't really remember. I was playing a game with your brother and your parents were out with someone from your dad's work." Her voice softened as she got off of her and closed the second layer of curtains from the sheer one's, on both sides of her room.

Liah removed her arm from her eyes and looked at her, sitting up and watching her sit down next to her. Her face said it all to Skylar that she was scared that she had to move away again; something she knew she couldn't handle again. Liah became quiet and laid her head on her shoulder and Skylar held her head with both her hands. She kissed the top of her head and made her look at her.

"Don't worry about it okay? If you have to move you can stay with me my parents have the room, trust me. Plus I'm saving for an apartment in Washington so you can move in with me if anything happens." She smiled and sat up straight. Puffing her chest out.

"I can't burden you even if I do leave with them, that is if they do go." She sighed and threw her body backwards and groaned, rubbing her face.

"Don't worry about that right now. If all ends badly you know you have a place to stay, okay?" Skylar took her hands from her face and pulled them to her. "Now get ready... it's four in the afternoon and the party starts in an hour." She took her hand and patted her cheek, she let go of her hands and got off her bed.

"How far is it, if i need to get ready now?"

"An hour drive... i have the car parked outside, and Colson will watch your brother cause your parents are still in south Hollywood." She smiled and heard the sound of tiny feet running to Liah's room. "Speaking off, your brother wanted to show you his school project." She let him in her room and closed the door,
walking to the living room after she heard the two start talking.

~~~~~~

Barely even a few hours into the party, that was much larger than Liah anticipated. A bottle of Bacardi, and a game of beer pong did her in. Skylar found her in the bathroom talking to the house owner's dog. Skylar sat by the door also drunk, and found both of them having a full conversation with the dog. Skylar let her out when she heard the owner calling her name from the other room.

Liah crawled next to Skylar, and laid her head on her shoulder and felt her lay her head on Liah's. She smiled and took her hand undoing her buckle to her heels and kicking them off. Her words were heavily slurred and her arms were limp from the alcohol.

"Billie told me she loved me." Liah mumbled and hiccuped.

"Did you tell her you loved her back?" Skylar wasn't as wasted and Liah so her thought process was nothing like Liah's. She knew somewhere in her mind that she wouldn't remember tonight just the alcohol, which was good.

"i told her i thought i could."

"You think you could love her?" Skylar lifted her head and looked at her, liah also lifted her head and leaned it against the cabinet nodding.

"I think she hates me." her voice started to crack and tears welled in her eyes.

An emotional drunk i see.

"She doesn't hate you." She moved in front of her and crossed her legs so she got as close as she could to her. Her forehead touching Liah's, she kissed her nose softly making her eyes open.

"What was that?" She choked through her tears looking at her hands that were in her lap holding Liah's.

"Its affection..."

"Disgusting." Liah hiccuped and closed her eyes leaning her head back against the cabinet. "Do it again.'

Skylar smiled and felt her face heat up, confused if it was because of her alcohol tolerance being high or something else. She took one of her hands away from Liah's hand and placed it on her cheek, stopping herself at her mouth. She could feel her breath on her face, and kissed her raspberry rum laced lips.

She was fucked.