45 - Blame the alcohol

Jason stood in front of me looking me in the eye. "I need to talk with you." He deadpanned.

"About what," I asked casually hoping he was oblivious to the sweat forming on my forehead and my crazy pumping heart.

He placed his hands on his hips and gave one intimidating look at me. And as a result, my eyes went to his 8 glorious and the muscles on his arms.

I'm not a creep. The water droplets gliding across his hot muscular body aren't helping me.

No, you don't want to check him out now! I turned my attention to Caleb chasing Nyla with a jet ski.

He sighed sitting on the next sun lounger. "You know what I want to talk about"

According to psychology, whenever we are subjected to an attack or threat of survival our brain undergoes a fight or flight response.

Now, this condition is much more severe than that, so my brain just chose to flee from the situation.

And to escape, I saw Xander walking towards the wooden bar and restaurant run by Caleb's staff. I just can't understand why there is even an exclusive restaurant for their family to eat when they visit this beach house. What happens to the butler and staff when no one is visiting.

Okay, not the point!

I jumped at the sight of Xander like he was the fairy Godmother who appeared in front of me to send me to the party.

"Hey, Xander right?" I chirped excitedly taking the seat next to him at the bar counter.

He gave one look at me and turned back to the bar attendant, ordering a whiskey on the rocks.

I looked at Jason through the corner of my eye, he is sitting at the same spot where I left him but he isn't facing the beach but frowning at me.

"So what are your hobbies?" I asked Xander.

Silence

"So you are the mysterious cousin. While Caleb is funny and playful and Dennis is nice and sweet."

Again silence

What is his problem? I just need him to engage in a conversation for a few minutes so that Jason can give up and go back to the beach. I'm just too scared of this confrontation when I don't even know why I'm feeling this way around him.

The bar attendant asked me what I wanted and I asked for water. He handed me a glass of water.

"If you are going to drink that shit then please leave from here" Xander deadpanned.

I choked on my water. Dennis told me that he got alcohol issues but seriously who in their right mind calls water shit?

Oh, he is not in his right mind. I saw him only drinking ever since we got on the flight.

"I don't know much about drinks. All I tried was beer. " I replied taking a sip of my water as checking on Jason through the corner of my eyes.

"Sex in the driveway"

I choked again on the water. "What?" I asked alarmed.

"It's a variation of Sex on the beach. It's a drink don't worry" he gave a mischievous smile.

"Oh," I facepalmed inwardly.

The bar attendant handed me a bright blue drink just like the deep blue waters in front of me, with a slice of lemon on the drinking glass and ice cubes floating on the top.

I took a tiny sip from the straw provided. It is a bit sweet with peach, orange, lemon, and sprite. The soda bubbles give it a lighter feel that makes it refreshing.