46 - Vodka or the Kiss

Okay so there is a kiss scene below and if you are not comfortable please skip it.

******

The world stood still for a few seconds. I didn't know what to do. Should I act like I'm unconscious or just wish him goodnight and hit the bed like nothing ever happened?

Did I gather my courage just to kiss him? But bummer on his chin? Luck was never on my side. Maybe I should escape to an island nearby and never show him my embarrassing face. These and a million more thoughts made through my brain in that few seconds of stillness.

We are still standing in the same position. My lips lightly pressed to his chin, my hands on his chest while he stood there like a statue... under a spell.

After what felt like an eternity, I broke the eye contact and took a step back. Should I say I'm sorry?

Jason placed his hands on my waist and pulled me onto him swiftly. He lowered his head to mine and his lips made contact with mine.

That simple yet sudden touch was enough to explode fireworks in me. He brushed his lips placing feather kisses. The only thing that I can feel is the rise of tingles all over me and the frantic beating of my treacherous heart.

His lips moved and I gasped, giving him the chance to invade my mouth. A moan escaped from somewhere in the back of my throat. He was hesitant at first but soon he turned frantic and desperate.

My one hand stayed on his bare chest while the other went around the nape of his neck. Our lips moved in sync. I'm so afraid of the way he made me feel, as his hands roamed around my body over my thin white dress.

We pulled away gasping for air, breathless but with our noses still touching, we stood there holding each other taking heavy breaths.

He leaned in again for another kiss, this time it was slow... it is different than the first one, he took his time, in tasting me, devouring me, and turning me into a gooey puddle.

This was romantic, passionate, and divine at the same time for me.

His lips left mine only to place a trail of feather kisses along my jawline to neck to collarbone. It took away the last bit of strength in my knees making them wobbly. As if sensing it he lifted me from the ground and unknowingly I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He groaned against my collarbone and bit me. And that was enough for me to snap back to reality.

What am I doing?

"Jason" I croaked out.

But he was too busy nuzzling and grazing my neck. I don't want him to stop but at the same time, I was afraid of where this would take us. I untangled my legs from his torso.

"Jason'' I called him out a little more loudly. He looked alarmed with our position. And I turned red looking at his swollen lips. Did I do that? I felt so embarrassed looking at his face.

All I feel is fuzzy and drunk. I don't know if the culprit is the vodka or the kiss.

Jason placed me down on my feet and turned away from me, raking his hand through his hair, something he does when he is frustrated.

"let's call it a night," Jason said with his back to me, and just like that, he walked out of my bedroom closing the door behind him.

I have read many romance books to know that it's not the kind of response you give to a girl after kissing the life out of her, that too for the first time.

Did he regret kissing me?

That one question is enough to kick awaken my senses. This is my first kiss and it meant so much to me. I want to always treasure this memory.