74 - Make way for my wild cat

"Are we going home anytime soon? I'm bored" I asked Jason trotting across his cabin bored to my wits. He was looking after some files and Ryan was nowhere to be found. It's been more than an hour he left to see the whole building.

Did he get lost?

"You can go home with Ryan. I didn't ask you to come. It will take another 2-3 hours for me." He replied occupied in his file.

"You told me you came here only to sign the new deal," I asked him snatching the file from his hands.

"KITTY! I need to finish these and then go to the construction site to check on the progress. Give me the file.'' Jason snapped at me.

I placed the file back on the table with a thud and turned around irritated. His strong grip clasped my wrist and pulled me towards him. I lost my balance and fell in his lap.

"Sorry, I was just lost in the file." He sighed, snaking his hands around my waist.

"There is no need to snap at me. If you have asked nicely then too I would have given you the file and left you alone." I replied annoyed and tried standing up from his lap.

He placed his hands around me making me stay and gave a pointed stare till I backed down with a sigh. ''Yeah fine, asking nicely wouldn't have worked, but you can't keep snapping at me whenever I disturb your work." A giggle escaped my throat.

He chuckled at me pushing back my curls behind my ear. I was lost in his alluring green eyes with swirling golden flecks, they softened looking at me.

I placed my one hand on his shoulder and the other subconsciously moved to his neatly gelled back hair caressing it and messing it slightly.

I like his hair messy than neat and gelled back.

That moment gazing into his eyes my soul knew I had always loved him more than I knew. Time stopped and I was encircled with this whirlwind of strong emotions. I can't realize the depths of this feeling and it was scaring me and overwhelming me altogether. A tiny layer of moisture formed in my eyes.

He moved closer so that our lips were just a hairline width apart. My breathing hitched in my throat, my hand still paralyzed in his hair.

Like he understood my state of mind, he pulled me in for a hug instead of a kiss. I threw my hands around him and closed my eyes memorizing this moment...this togetherness.

"Shhh, deep breaths" he whispered in my hair with his hands rubbing my back. His face is tucked into my neck

'Ahem umm sorry, I will come back later." Charlie said frantically and ran outside closing the room door in a thud. I was cut off from my haze and rose quickly from Jason's lap.

When did Charlie even enter?

I raked my hands through my hair and wiped the moisture in my eyes saying, "I umm...gotta go and check on Ryan.." Saying I ran out of the cabin too mortified to show Jason my face.

Outside I stood with my back to the wall in the little corridor outside Jason's cabin. Did we just? In the office? Oh shit, and Charlie saw us like that.

Even though Charlie knew about us being married, it is inappropriate for us to act like that in office.

I mean it's just a hug but still, we are at the office not at home or at vacation.

I placed my cold trembling hands on my hot cheeks trying to calm down.

Phew

Phew

Phew

All this wouldn't have happened if that stupid idiotic good-for-nothing friend left me alone with Jason alone. Charlie is back, so where is he and what is he doing anyway?