78 - Irony called my life

I stood outside watching Zack leave on his motorcycle. Tears swarmed in my eyes. How do I always manage to mess things up?

"Amy, I am so sorry. I didn't know that you didn't tell him. I thought you told all your friends." Ryan said standing behind me guiltily.

I turned around to see Ryan, Kevin, Reeva, and Mandy standing outside with me.

"It's okay'' I mumbled. It isn't Ryan's fault but mine. I shouldn't have kept it a secret.

"How can you, Amy? You are married but never said anything about it to us? Did you hide it purposely to lead Zack on? Is that why you kept this wedding a secret?" Kevin barked his jaw clenched and his fists balled in anger.

This is the first time I saw Kevin lose his cool and it scared me to bits. But what nonsense is he spewing?

"What? Why would I lead Zack? Kevin, you are mistaken... Zack is my friend just like you are." I countered back irritated.

"Don't act like you don't know." Kevin placed his hands on his hips and shook his head.

"I don't know what?" I asked cluelessly, I looked from Kevin to Reeva and Mandy, checking if they know something that I don't.

"KEVIN" Reeva gritted her teeth and pulled him back holding his arm.

"Kevin, please stop it." Mandy requested him.

"Dont tell me that you didn't know that he liked you. Is this why you kept your wedding a secret from us? I didn't expect it from you, Amy. For the first time in years, I saw him happy like genuinely happy. I saw him worried sick for you when you stopped coming to college. He used to go to your house and stand outside your mansion hoping to get a glimpse of you."

I just don't know what to say. Zack liked me? How? Why? When? And how am I supposed to know if he never told me?

"Kevin, you gotta stop it now. She always liked Jason and she got married due to her family circumstances. And trust me she has no clue about Zack liking her." Mandy said to Kevin.

I shoot there in shock while my body turned cold, Mandy stood by me rubbing my back.

''I don't care about her, okay? Zack is my only friend. He stood by me even when I'm an outcast nerd." Kevin howled at Mandy.

He loosened his tie and came near me almost into my personal space. His face inches from me. "If I ever lose him again because of you. If he ever goes back to his playboy ways it wouldn't be good for you!" He growled menacingly looking into my eyes and pointing his finger at me.

I staggered back and gulped down looking at this new avatar of Kevin. Ryan came between us, he stood in front of me shielding me and placed his hands on Kevin's shoulders.

"Cool down buddy. It's not her fault. You don't know her side of the story." Ryan said attempting to calm down Kevin.

Kevin pushed Ryan's hands off him and turned around taking a few steps and raked his hands through his hair in frustration. He then took out his phone and started calling Zack.

I stood like a mute spectator. More tears trickled down my eyes at this point. If only I didn't keep my wedding a secret Zack wouldn't harbor any feelings for me. All this wouldn't happen.

I always felt like he is my friend, Zack and Kevin are also part of my close inner circle like Ryan, Sophie, Reeva, and Mandy.

"I really don't know, Kevin." My voice croaked out.

"How would you know. He never said anything to you. He is happy being your friend. He thinks you are too good for him." Kevin complained in a low voice, his voice even choked out in emotion.