63 - This is a suicide mission.

The sound of an annoying alarm woke me up. I checked my surroundings. It is still dark outside, why do we have to start at 5? I'm sleeping using Jason's arm as my pillow. We are hugging each other in sleep.

What is wrong with me? There is a fucking pillow abandoned on my side of the bed.

I strained my hand to switch off the alarm blaring from the phone lying on the bedside table beside Jason.

A little bit more and I can reach it.

"What are you doing?" Jason's raspy voice startled me. "Trying to molest me while I was sleeping?"

"Eww. I am trying to switch off your alarm. If you will leave me then I want to freshen up and go for coffee. I badly need one to stay awake." I told him shoving his arm from my waist.

I went to my room and brushed my teeth. Jason called me to get my coffee. He stood with a tray with two steaming mugs of coffee. We sat on the wooden wicker chairs on the porch with our coffee.

Slowly the sun rose on the horizon painting the sky with a faint orange glow. The silhouette of acacia trees and bushes. This scene before me is so aesthetically beautiful.

Once we finished breakfast buffet style, Natron was already waiting for us at the open-sided jeep and a guard with a rifle

What's the rifle for? For the animals? They are going to shoot the animals!!

"No, they are not going to shoot you or the animals. Stop freaking out." Jason teased me getting into the jeep.

"Creep alert Jason! How do you even know what I was thinking?"

"Your one eyebrow lifts, you start biting your lips and your both your eyes turn inward and there was a lot of fiddling with your thumbs too."

I laughed at his reply, ''If I'm looking the same as you described then I'm not a pretty sight to look at."

"Who told you that you are pretty to look at any point of the day? You manage to look hideous all the time."

Bloody idiot!

Within half an hour, our jeep rolls to a stop near a herd of elephants feeding on the surrounding trees.

We popped the top of the jeep open, clamoring for a better view. Seeing this majestic beast it's finally sinking in, We are in the heart of Africa!

Soon after our jeep made through bumpy dirt roads guided by radio to a pride of lions by other tourist groups. We caught a glimpse of them, a few hundred meters away, and are surprised to see two lions attack a nearby tree with agility.

I made a mental note to be quick with shutting the top of the jeep if the need arises. Jason's warm hand slipped through my cold sweaty hand. I darted a look at him but he is lost looking at the lions with awe.