70 - I needed a break

"Amy, take a cab and go back home," Jason ordered after getting off the plane.

"What? Why?" I asked him. "Are you going straight to the office from here?"

"Paparazzi outside." He said removing his sunglasses and shoving them in my hand.

I giggled at his action and said, "bye bye stranger" wearing the sunglasses myself. I saw Jason posing for them from the corner of my eye. I hailed a cab home.

I still can't get my mind wrapped around the fact that paparazzi actually stalk him to get his pictures. A strange world it is.

Missing college for 2days piled up my work. I better pull an all-nighter and finish my assignments, notes and be ready for Monday morning class.

***********

It's been a week since we're back in New York. All the interns are presenting their projects to Jason and four other managers.

I wiped my clammy palms on my jeans and then perspiration on my forehead with the back of my hands, I just finished my presentation. At last, I can breathe after a week. The presentation is done and looking at the tiny smile tugging on the corner of Jason's lips when the managers finished asking me questions, I knew I didn't mess it up.

Now all I want to do is go home and sleep. With college assignments and design charts. This internship and learning MBA concepts in weeks kept me on my toes giving me barely 3-4hours of sleep daily.

I repressed another yawn trying to focus on what Paige is telling. It's funny how I'm a nervous wreck before my chance and over-attentive to all the questions the managers asked the other interns before me and I ran my mind checking if I had the answers to the same question if they asked me. But now that I'm finished all I wanna do is finish this soon and go home and sleep.

A yawn fought back my oppression and made its way to the conference. I coughed to hide it but the way everyone is glaring at me told me I was caught. Jason smirked at the head of the table and I rolled my eyes at him. But my action was also caught by Paige who is presenting her project.

Not her!

The universe never lets me have a boring day!

As soon as I stepped out of the conference, I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Zack asking if we could go for a coffee break. He became my lift buddy lately. We have become quite close ever since he joined the company.

We both would often come at the same time, him by his motorcycle and me by my car, we would eat lunch together at the cafeteria and take coffee breaks together.

"How did your presentation go?" He asked me once we are alone in the lift.

"Okay, I guess." I yawned again. It's still 2 more days for the weekend. The thought itself made my head pound.

Is this how my life is going to be now. Spending 5days of the week waiting for the weekend. Then it sucks.

"You go. I will get you your order." Zack said to me placing his hand on the small of my back and pushing me towards an empty table.

I placed my pounding head on the table and closed my eyes for a bit to make the burning sensation in my eyes go away.

The sound of a coffee cup shattering into pieces jolted me up from my sleep. I blinked the dark spots and adjusted my gaze only to be met by Zack's light brown eyes staring at me.

I saw the barista cleaning the coffee cup two tables away from us and sincerely apologizing to the customer. I checked my watch yawning and we are here for...