24 - Nightmare

Jason

I looked at the fragile girl who lied unconscious next to me in the car with her head on my shoulder. She was clutching my tee tight in her hands as her life depended on it. Tears dried out on her cheeks.

But, still, her body jerked in sleep now and then. My hold tightening around her every time she trembled in sleep.

The ride back was awfully quiet, everyone lost in their miseries. I'm just trying to keep my anger in check so I won't lash out at Dia or break Ryan's bones. Harsh stopped the car by the gate. I lifted her in my arms not wanting to wake her up.

"I will go and wake my mom and grandparents." Said Dia walking inside.

"Dia stop. Let's not disturb them now. It's midnight. We will tell them in the morning." Truthfully, I don't want them to disturb Amy. She just went to sleep and she may start crying again after waking up.

Dia nodded at me. I walked over to her room and placed her on her bed. She curled up on the bed in a fetal position. I placed the comforter around her.

"Call me if you need anything," I told Dia.

I stepped out of the room to see Ryan and Harsh standing in silence. I thanked Harsh for coming and helping out. Harsh left saying he will come back the next morning.

I turned back to Ryan, pulled him to our bedroom, and shut the door. The anger I tried to keep in check for so long exploded looking at him. If only he acted a little more maturely.

"What the hell were you thinking Ryan? Taking 2girls to a party where you don't know anyone? Why did you sneak out? Why didn't you tell me at least? Do you understand what would have happened if I didn't reach there on time? Even if you went, it's your responsibility to look after them, but no you were busy in the damn games." I shouted with my clenching my fists. It took every ounce of control in me to not break his nose.

Ryan stood there with his eyes squeezed shut and head bowed down and sniffling his tears.

"I'm sorry. I thought we could go for 20-30minutes and come back. I didn't know he was... I thought he was a good guy. I feel terrible now. It's my mistake that I didn't look after her." Said Ryan fighting back his tears.

"Get back to bed. I will come back in a few minutes." I said after taking a deep breath. I wandered to the terrace. I called Mr.Kashyap on his mobile. I think he should know.

"Hello," he said groggily.

"Mr.Kashyap, Jason here."

"Jason? Everything alright?" His anxious voice spoke on another side of the phone. I can discern that he is wide awake listening to my voice.

"Sameer misbehaved with Amy. He tried to..force himself on her. "

"What? Tell me what exactly happened Jason." He shouted back at me.

After I told him everything that happened. I could feel the anger and panic in his voice.

"How is she now?"

"I brought her back home. She slept crying in the car. I didn't tell Mrs.Kashyap or your parents."

"I will come back by the next flight available. Please, Take care of her."

"Okay," I replied to him.

"Jason. Thanks"

"There is no need to thank me. She is my responsibility." I told him determined.

I feel whatever happened today is my fault too. If only I was not that cold towards Amy. Maybe she would have told me before sneaking out.

I went back to the room, I saw Ryan sleeping, and walked into the ensuite to take a shower. A cold shower may calm my raging mind.

I couldn't decipher why my emotions were at extreme today. Maybe because I have never seen any girl in such vulnerability to date or the girl being Amy!

I got into bed, sleep is far from my eyes, and I was lost in thoughts. I heard a knock on the door and Dia calling out my name frantically.

As I opened the door, Dia stood there with tears flowing down her cheeks. "Amy is.." I didn't even hear the rest. I ran to the room and saw Amy tossing and twisting in bed. Her body was drenched in sweat. She is mumbling in her sleep.

"No... no.... le leave me.."

I reached out to her shaking her shoulders trying to wake her up. "Amy wake up." Her head snapped to the side and she whimpered but doesn't wake.

"Amy, wake up, please." I cried out and shook her harder. Her eyes flew open with tears flowing out of them. She sat down abruptly panting and gasping for air.

"It's just a dream. Are you okay?" I asked her rubbing her back to calm her down.

"No" she mumbled still wheezing. Her breathing was irregular and shallow.

"Go back to sleep. I'm right here." I told her.

She laid back on the bed pulling the comforter around her closing her eyes. I ran my fingers through her hair. An action I know that immediately puts her to sleep.

Her stiff body soon relaxed and she fell back to sleep. I sat beside her on the bed, after making sure she is in asleep. I turned around to see Dia and Ryan at the door.

"Please stay, what if she wakes up again. I tried waking her earlier but she is crying so bad and I got scared." Dia said, her voice brittle.

She took place on the couch across the bed. Ryan sat on the bed near Amy's legs.

I don't want to go away, what if she will have a nightmare again but at the same time I don't want to disturb Dia and Ryan's sleep.

"No, you go back to bed, if she wakes up or has another episode, then call me," I said standing up, that's when I noticed Amy clutching my tee in her fist in sleep.

"I don't think I can sleep tonight. You can stay, please" Dia added eyeing Amy's hold on my tee.

"I called your father. He is coming on the first flight available tomorrow. "

She just nodded at me. I know how Mr.Kashyap is going to react to Dia.

The bruise on Amy's forehead turned blue and blood dried out.

"Dia can you get the first aid."

Dia came back and handed me the box. I clean up Amy's wound and place cotton and plaster on it. She stirred in sleep.

The whole night she woke up many times because of the nightmares. Around midnight her temperature started to rise. I gave her medicine in her sleep.

Everyone sat in silence pondering over their thoughts waiting for the sun to be up. I want that bastard to be punished. He cannot roam freely after what he did to her. I don't want another girl going through what Amy went through.

Kinda sad chapter,
My heart goes out for Amy :(
Please vote comment and follow me.

He Stole My Heart ✅ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें