29 - PROMising Night

Uncle Raj wants us to visit Tajmahal but Kristina chucked it saying she wants all of us to spend time because Tajmahal meant leaving my Grandparents at home with a servant and going. She promised we can go next time and I hope there is definitely a NEXT TIME. So instead we went to the small farmhouse in the city outskirts one day.

Aunt Seema prepared food at home and packed it. It's a small house with a big verandah where a divan and a few chairs are placed. A living room with one couch and a few chairs with a flat tv on the wall. A big kitchen which doubled up as dining too and two small bedrooms.

The best part is the house is surrounded by lots of trees and plants. There are mango trees, guava trees, and coconut trees. There are lots of flower plants around. I tried making crowns adorned with flowers with Dia and we both sucked at it.

The night before our journey Grandma gifted me a beautiful gold necklace with rubies and pearls. She told me it belongs to my mom. She gave Kristina a beautiful Silk Saree and gold studs which also belonged to my mom.

"No I can't take these." Kristina looked reluctant to accept the earrings.

"These belong to Priya. I kept them safe with the hope that I will meet her again one day and give her back. I am giving these to you because I feel like you are my daughter." Kristina accepted the earrings and hugged grandma.

Saying bye to this new family is a lot difficult than I thought. Grandma started sobbing and after promising her a million times that I will come back in a few months during my summer break she can't stop crying. With a heavy heart, I bid bye to everyone and went to the airport with Browns.

**************

School kept us busy with assignments papers and whatnot. I am always in touch with my Indian family. I gave a buzz at least 2-3 times a week. I felt very close to Dia after the trip we kept texting each other all the time. She became a virtual addition to our group.

Jason remained aloof and moody after coming back from India. He was so mean to me. After two ugly instances, I realized that it's better to not bug him or come in his way. He is not his usual self. Kristina is worried sick about him. He stopped eating food and sleeping on time. He even came home late, drunk almost every night.

Kristina tried talking with him and that is when we came to know that Jessica cheated on him while we are away. So, he broke up with her and couldn't take it quite well.

He went on a solo road trip on his motorcycle. After two weeks or so he came back and seemed in a better mood than before. He left for New York for his university. I hope he gets over her soon and finds his soulmate.

*******

After 4years

I kept checking myself in the full-length mirror. I'm wearing a red v neck beaded bodice dress with spaghetti straps and lace tulle. I loved how it was hugging my body in the right places.

I did my hair in a half up half down and curled the hair into waterfall waves. For makeup, I settled for bright red lipstick. I'm so happy with my newly mastered skill my Perfect Winged Tip. I completed my look with black high heels.

I clicked my pictures in front of the mirror and posted the best one with a caption reading

*Tonight I'm gonna dance for everything we've been through.*
#PROMisingNight#

Seconds after I posted my pic I got a call from Dia.

"Hey, Did you see the picture? How do I look? Is the red lip too much?"

"You look gorgeous Amy. Red is your color. You nailed it." Dia beamed on the other side of the call.

"Amy are you ready?" Kristina knocked on the door.