67 - Patch-up with ex

"Hey Jessica"

I stood by her lone desk just outside Jason's cabin, away from our cubicles. She wore a white dress shirt and black pencil skirt and matched it with black stilettos. Her usual loud makeup is replaced by a soft natural look accentuating her already sharp features.

She looked beautiful, beautiful than me and it didn't go well with me.

"Oh My God! Amy! How are you? Are you here to see Jason, just a second."

Before I could cut her, she picked the phone on her desk and spoke, "Hey Jay! Look your little wifey is here to see you. I'm sending her in."

My eyeballs socked out of my pockets. I looked back at the interns. I sighed in relief as none paid attention to us and were lost in their files. I turned back to Jessica, scowled at her.

And did she just call me his little wifey!

The people here already dislike me, thinking I used contacts and references to get this internship. I don't want them to know about me being married to Jason.

Jason's door opened, he looked at me and Jessica confused. I crossed my hands at my chest and glared at him.

"Both of you in my cabin now!" Jason shouted and closed the door behind him in a loud thud. I rolled my eyes looking at his acting skills.

Jessica looked at me confused but I went to his office and she followed me behind.

"Jessica" Jason pressed the bridge of his nose walking up and down in his room. "Amy is one of the interns here and we both don't want anyone to find out about our wedding."

"Or that we both knew each other," I added glaring at her trying to intimidate her as much as possible.

"Oh sure," Jessica shrugged her shoulders. "But why? Can I ask?" She looked curious.

Jason looked at me and I deepened my scowl, spitting fire through my eyes.

"No, you can go," he said in a low voice. His shoulders dropped as he came and sat beside me on the couch.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell her beforehand." He huffed out.

Does he think that's my worry now?

"Don't you think you forgot to tell me something?" I crossed my hands and turned my face away from him.

"What?" He looked confused.

"About Jessica working here?"

Duh

"Hey, I asked you at the wedding, remember? You were cool about it.'' He said indignantly.

I just can't believe it!

"I was cool with you going to talk with her for a few seconds, not you hiring her as YOUR secretary." I stood up from the couch and took a few steps away from him, balling my fists.

"She is Charlie's secretary, not mine." Jason came and stood in front of me giving me a sheepish smile.

Does it hurt if I smash his idiotic face into the glass walls?

"Come on kitty, you are acting like a typical wife now."

But I am your wife!

I want to yell these words at him but didn't find the voice in my throat. It's like a huge boulder is placed in my throat stopping my voice.

I can't... with him now!

I walked towards the door leaving him all confused. "Amy wait, we are not done."