50 - Freaking Red Diamond Ring

"Amy, Can you go to the party alone. Jason got some urgent work from the office so he can't pick you, he will come to the party directly." Kristina requested on the phone.

I know it's a lie. He doesn't go to the office on Sundays. So he doesn't even want to see my face now.

"Please. Can you manage to go alone? I will make sure Jason will attend the party and keep you company." Kristina's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"Sure. It isn't a big deal. I will call Logan to drive me." I replied to her.

If Jason will come then it's good or else I will greet Mrs. Miller, stay for a while and then leave the party. Anyway, these charity balls are boring except for the food.

"Jason isn't going to pick me." I plopped down on the chair in front of the mirror.

"What? Why?" Mandy asked surprised.

"He got some work to do in the office so he may come to the party a bit late, or he may skip it totally," I replied shrugging my shoulders while Mandy did her magic on my hair.

She styled my hair to loose waterfall curls dangling down to my waist and we settled on light makeup just to conceal my dark circles and nude lipstick.

"Why didn't you pin your hair up? You need to show that sexy back of yours." Reeva gagged looking at my hairstyle.

I looked at her in horror through the mirror. Did she expect me to flaunt my back and attract all leeches at the party?

No, thank you!

It just clicked why Reeva was hell-bent that I chose this wine-colored halter neck dress with a beaded bodice. I loved it when I tried it on. It popped color into my boring life. Smooth satin flowed from my waist to the floor which made the dress lighter and easy to carry around.

Bonus there is no cleavage on a show! But the only downside is it's backless showing too much skin to my liking with only a pair of criss-cross threads. But seeing Reeva hell-bent that I pick that dress for the party I figured I could cover it with my long curls.

"I'm not putting my bareback on the show!" I hissed at her shaking my head in a no.

Reeva gave up after 20minutes of whining when I didn't listen to her suggestions on how my bareback is going to lure Jason to my arms.

I grabbed my jacket and stepped down the stairs to my car. After I gave Logan the details of the party. I sat thinking about what I have to say to Jason once I find him?

Should I blurt a sorry?

Just act like everything is cool between us?

What to do if he ignores me?

Should I give him a cold shoulder too?

Why are my thoughts and emotions all over the place when Jason is involved? My hands went to grip clumps of hair and tug them but I stopped remembering Mandy's face and I need to look presentable for the party too not like I just fought with a stray cat.

As soon as Logan parked the car, I moved towards the entrance. The man dressed in a black suit and red bow tie allowed me in after checking my name on the list. Once inside there is a couple of staff just to take our coats and hang them.

These people are filthy rich!

Once I caught sight of the whole place, my breathing hitched in my throat and I felt so small in this majestic hall. The walls were glittering gold and the ceilings were adorned with enormous crystal chandeliers sending a lovely diffused golden glow on everyone/ everything in the room.