80- Breaking you and Jason

I walked on the bank of the Hudson river searching for Zack. He said his mother used to bring him here in his childhood. And they used to gaze at the amazing view while throwing pebbles into the water body.

I spotted his motorcycle spotted outside, so I'm sure he is here somewhere. And just like that I saw a person lying down and his face covered with a leather jacket, a jacket I knew too well.

Now that I spotted him, I don't know what to do. What should I say to him? Is this even a good idea? When I'm still pondering whether I have to go ahead or turn around.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I heard Zack's hoarse voice.

"Thought I might find you. Look Zack I want to talk to you." I replied walking towards him and sat next to him.

"Yeah and before that congratulations on your wedding. I am happy for you." He wished me with a smiling face and pulled me for a half hug.

"I...umm thank you," I replied into the hug.

He let go of me and turned to look at the river, "I'm sorry for running out like that last night especially after you told us about your wedding. I know it isn't cool but you have to understand I saw my Father and trust me I didn't want to talk to him, especially not there." He sighed.

"You left because you didn't want to face your Dad?" I asked confused.

"Yeah or else why would I leave?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

I don't know if I can ask him about his feelings. It will be awkward between us if I open that door, he will start the conversation when he is ready.

"You want to talk about it? Seeing your Dad?" I asked him.

"He is calling me since last night. I don't want to see or talk to him ever again." He growled.

"But he is your father. Maybe he wants to apologize to you. I know what he made your mom go through is bad but he is your only family. Maybe he wants to reconcile with you. I think you should give him a try."

"Why would you say that? You don't know him, Amy. You don't know him as I do. He is the most vicious person I ever know. He doesn't care about anyone, not you not me."

Zack's eyes blazed with anger. He clutched the stone in his hand too tight. Too tight that I worried it will cut him and bleed him.

"You promise me one thing." He turned to look at me, the anger in his eyes was gone and was replaced by desperation. The stone fell on his side with a clink.

"What?"

"That you will stay away from him." He whispered.

"I.."

"And I know that he is a shareholder of Limelight Interiors and he wants to acquire it. All he wants is revenge against your father."

"Revenge against my father? I thought he got interested in L. I after my parent's demise."

"It's about some award that he lost 4consecutive years for your Dad and once your parents are dead he saw the opportunity to take over. He is obsessed with Limelight Interiors." Zack sighed.

This is too much to process. And the way Zack said it gave me chills.

"I need to confess something, Amy. I need to get this off my chest." He pleaded with soft eyes.

Is this it? I felt nervous all of a sudden.

"If this is about you liking me then I know." I breathed out.

Zack looked visibly shocked by my words. "You know? How?" He gasped.

"Kevin had his angry meltdown after you left the party." I gave a small smile.