35 - Homeless Hobo

I gave a sheepish smile to Jason as his eyes narrowed at me. He stood there with a pointed gaze which made me shift on my legs, not able to meet his eyes, my gaze soon turned towards the coffee stain on the carpet.

"What it's not bad! I got a little drunk with my friends. Everyone has their own drunk story and now I got mine." I let out an awkward giggle at the end to hide my nervousness, which I don't think helped at all.

Jason let out a deep breath and pressed the bridge of his nose for a few seconds and then said.

"The security is going to throw you and your friends for the scene you caused. If you are drinking your ass off then at least stay at home. Don't go on the road when you are not in your senses. I had to literally beg the security to let you stay and keep your guard till I can come to pick you up so that you wouldn't do something stupid again! Like who the hell cries for a broken escalator?"

"I know... I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I'm not going to drink again, promise." I said raising my hand like I was taking an oath.1a

"You guys have to make sure that at least one of you stays away from alcohol to keep others in check. Next time at least take Logan with you. What are you and your friends thinking about going to the mall drunk? What if something bad happens?"

"Yeah, I know...I know... I'm sorry. So you free today? Or do you have any plan?" I asked him trying to change the topic.

"Nothing I'm free. Just watch some movies and chill. What about you?"

"Nothing much. Just make a few calls to Ryan, Kristina, and my Uncle Raj's family. It's been a while since I spoke with my grandparents. You know what they got so freaked out before my college admissions thinking I have to stay alone and the fact that I can't even make a decent toast. I thought they would flip when I will tell them that I'm going to stay with you..you know how conservative they are. But they are all happy and relieved."

"They must be happy that you got an all-time assistant in me. Someone who babysits you just like old times. Already had my first session yesterday in the mall." He gave a teasing smile.

"Shut up! I'm not a baby!" I sneered at him. 

What the hell is wrong with him? Babysitting me! What happened to the so-called babysitting when he was about to kiss me last week.

"Aww look at you... you're so cute when you are angry." He said ruffling my hair and placed his arm around my shoulder.

Jason switched on the tv and placed his legs on the center table crossing his ankles. He starting skimming through the tv channels.

I asked him to watch and left to my room to make calls and do my assignment. I called Ryan who just blew up far worse than his brother. Not because I drank a little too much and caused a commotion in the mall but because I drank without him. As if he was going to abstain from drinking without me by his side.

After an hour or so I came back downstairs to grab some juice. I saw Jason watching some horror movies and Stella is busy preparing lunch for us. I sat on the barstool and kept her company.

Stella left after finishing cooking. Jason ended up telling his funny drunk stories. After lunch, I went back to finish my assignment and took a nap.

By the time I woke up and came downstairs. I saw Jason busy in a conversation with a guy on the couch. I looked at myself, I'm dressed in an old faded white t-shirt which is double my size reaching my thighs, and invisible shorts inside. My hair is like a bird's nest. I'm sure looking like a hobo.

Before I could run back to my room. I saw the guy's eyes widen at the sight of me. I sprinted back upstairs.

God, is that rude? Who is he anyway? Why didn't Jason tell me that he was expecting guests? I would have dressed more human-like.