𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I get to the house indicated by the map, and I notice that my mother's car is already parked outside.

I'm so tired I just walk in without taking out any of the boxes.

"Hi mom" I take off my shoes as soon as I enter the house.

"Hi, baby. What took you so long? I arrived almost an hour ago" She says, greeting me.

"I was in an accident, mom... Some guys were driving vcrazy fast and we crashed. But I'm fine and the car is not so bad eiteher" My mother's face changes when I tell her and she comes closer to examine me.

"Oh my god... Did you get their plate number?" She asked, still very worried.

"Nope... I just wanted to come home, we exchanged numbers so they will pay me to fix the car" I get nervous, I didn't do the basic stuff you need to do. 

I go down the hall looking for the couch but I remember that our furniture still hasn't arrived and I get exasperated.

"Okay, I hope they can fix it. You have to be more careful when you're driving, there are very crazy people out there" I laughed at her comment.

"Yes, there are" I sit on the floor and feel my stomach make a hunger sound. "What are we having for dinner?"

"I was thinking... Pizza or maybe some Taco Bell? You can decide and I'll go pick it" She is taking some things out of the boxes labeled 'Kitchen' and 'FRAGILE! KITCHEN'. 

"Mmm... let me think, we can have-"  The doorbell interrupts me. "Are we expecting someone?" I look at my mom with a questioning face. She doesn't answer me and goes straight to answer the door.

"Marie! Oh my god... How are you?" I hear the voice of an older woman.

"Maggie Baird, it's been ages! Come on in!" I get up from the ground and walk to the entrance to find out who is it, and I catch my mom hugging this woman named Maggie.

She notices me and her smile gets even wider, "Oh dear god... Charlie? You are so big, sweetie!" She reaches over to hug me and I let her because... I don't know,  she looks reliable and cute.

"Baby, this is my good old friend Maggie. Do you remember her? We used to have playdates with her kids when you guys were little, I don't think you remember... How are your kids Maggie?" She starts to ramble and turns to keep talking to her friend.

I keep thinking but the truth is, I don't remember much before 6, only some images but nothing very specific, I have a bad memory. What can I say?

"Oh, they're not children no more, Finneas is a gentleman as always, and well my little Billie, What can I say?" She laughs and my mom nods to her comment "They're making music together, like usual, but I think they're going places now. It scares me a little..."

"Oh, they're so talented. I don't expect less of them," My mom assures Maggie, and I find myself smiling at this tender interaction between my mom and one of her best friends.

"So Maggie, where do you live?" I ask her with a confident smile.

"Funny you ask, your mom didn't tell you? We live next door" She smiles and points to her left side.

"Yes, Maggie helped me find this house when I told her we were moving back to LA, I couldn't miss this opportunity, and the house is perfect for both of us," My mom hugs me from the side.