𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕 

So, back to reality. Even though I had the most wonderful days with Billie, they had to end. 

I was sad for a moment when we got home and Billie had to leave immediately for a few days to do label-related stuff. But all that dopamine and oxytocin released in those days is enough to keep me in the clouds for a while at least.

Back to Los Angeles, and back to the club. The truth is that... I do miss the club a bit, I miss the girls and that adrenaline when going on stage.

I arrived earlier than usual today, my house is empty and I haven't seen my mother since we arrived. We've only spoken by text, and I'm a little worried, to be honest. Since she told me about her new boyfriend, she hasn't been much at home. I just hope she is having a good time.

Anyway, I only left for a few days and the club is different. And I don't mean physically different, today I arrived and a very strange vibe flooded me. I couldn't stop by to see Murphy and say Hi to her because she was in a meeting. Weird.

"Do you know how long they have been in there?" I ask Tasha, one of the dancers and drink buddy. 

"Girl! Too long to not be having sex or something" She chuckles and I laugh confused. 

"And who is in there?" I ask the girls. I go away for a couple of days and I miss everything. Typical. 

"A very strange guy, he has already come twice and they stay in there for a long time" Kira adds. "Also... I accidentally overheard my friends at the bar... apparently, this guy bought the club or something..." She whispers the last part. You can never be sure if these walls could listen. 

"I just hope it's not a weirdo... we're fine the way we are, with Murphy" Tasha mentions, and we all nod. 

"With me what?"  We jump when we heard Murphy's voice at the door of the dressing room. 

The three of us look at each other. None of the girls seems to be encouraged to talk so I do, I know I have a good relationship with Murphy. 

"Who was that guy in your office?"  She walks inside and closes the door. 

"I have some noisy girls over here"... She sits on the one-piece couch across the makeup table. "I was in a business meeting with this guy... you angels don't have to worry about anything, I'll still be here for a long time"  Her warm smile calms me down. 

I think we all calm down a little more, Murphy assures us that we will know everything when the time comes, and then sends each of us to our sector for the night and the weird guy issue is forgotten. For now. 

After work is done for the night I  change and leave the club. The fresh air of 4 am wakes me up, there are times that I could fall asleep at the wheel, tonight the adrenalin is still enough to get me home.

A text from my mother a few hours ago informs me that I will come to sleep in an empty house.

 That's great.

***

I  awake suddenly to the sound of the front door slamming shut. 

I check the time and it is barely 8 in the morning, my sleep schedule has not been completed and that infuriates me. Anyway, I get up and go down to say hi to my mom.