𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Que, Can you give me a minute, please? This is important" She points to the phone and after a few seconds, the sound of a door closing is heard.

"Is it really?" I say, pissed off. How can I be so stupid?

"Charlie, Listen..." She says softly.

"What?" I say while trying to relax.

"Que is not staying with me, he only came to see me on my day off... as a friend" She explains herself, and I can tell in her voice that she means it.

"You know Billie? You don't owe me any explanation" I feel stupider acting like this.

"But I want you to know that we're not together" She says looking me right in the eyes, "It's complicated though"

Her face changes to one of sadness as she avoids my eyes, and my heart aches a little.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask her and our eyes meet again. Maybe we will not have anything romantic but I do want to be for her as a friend.

"I don't know, I don't wanna bother you with my shit" She says forcing a laugh at the end.

"It doesn't bother me, I'm here if you want to talk about anything" I let her know. 

She gives me a genuine smile and other creeps on my face.

"You are so cute" She whispers. "So, I think complicated is not the word, it's just I'm stupid and I can let go..."

I nod while she talks, really trying to focus on what she says and not her beautiful face and lips.

"I wish I mean it when I say I'm over him" She tucks a hair behind her ear and licks her lips, which she always does when she is concentrating on talking.

"Are you trying to get over him?" I ask and she nods immediately.

"Well... These past few weeks I'm really trying hard. I used to not care about it and whenever he called me I practically ran towards him. But I've realized that there is a lack of, um, effort? I think?" She tries so hard to keep her voice as neutral as possible but I can hear the sadness in her tone, it's different from the happy Billie.

"How is that possible? I mean, look at you" She smiles and laughs, bingo!

"Maybe it's all my fault, you know?" She lifts her shoulders.

"Ah-ha, nope. Don't fucking said that. You're too much for that 'blaming yourself' shit" I try to lift her spirit up.

"I'm so tired of this shit, brooo" She raises her voice at the end, "How can I not get over him? Why is it so hard? Uh, I don't need to- I don't wanna- I can't fix him, I've tried" She says very sad and I feel so bad for not being able to be with her to give her comfort.

"This seems a lot to handle, I'm sorry" I whisper to her, "But, it's not your duty to fix anyone, Billie"

"I know and I don't wanna do this anymore, I have to put myself first for one fucking time" She says and her head snaps to the side in a little twitch.

"Are you okay?" I ask her and she nods.

"Yeah, this is too much for me now. Can we talk about something else? Please" She asks in a cute voice.

"Of course," I smile, "How is the tour going?"

"Ugh, so good. I love it!" She says so excitedly, "But I have this weird feeling of missing home..."

"And when are you coming home?" I ask her.

"In a little over a week? I think" She says and her face is covering the whole screen, "Do you miss me already?" She smirks.

"I do" I say after a few seconds in a soft voice.

She just stares at me as she runs her fingers over her lower lip.

"Me too" She says in a raspy voice and I lose it. I bite my lip while I stare at her.

"Why are you staring?" She bits her lips too.

I nervously giggle and cover my mouth with my hand, "Sorry" I say.

"I didn't say I wanted you to stop, I'm just asking" My stomach hurts from all the butterflies she revolves inside me.

"You're so beautiful" I say and look away.

She laughs, but low and sexy "You're funny. I could never pull off that outfit of yours. Maybe you can show me again?"

"You're not slick Eilish" Now is my turn to laugh.

"You said that the pic wasn't for me... May I ask who is the lucky bastard?" She says with a smile but I can notice that is not genuine.

"There are no lucky ones, unfortunately" She rolls her eyes, "I just needed someone's approval"

"Oh. If you asked me tho, it's super approved" She smirks again and I think I'm getting used to it, "You can count on me anytime for this kind of things" She gives me a full smile.

"Thanks Bil, I appreciate it" I tell her in a sarcastic way and she looks away when she hears a knock on the door.

"Wait a sec. I'm gonna check who it is" She says and leaves the phone on the bed, facing the ceiling.

I stay in silence giving myself a look on the screen, "I look like shit" I whisper, but then I start to hear her voices closer and closer.

"I'm busy right now, can we talk about this shit later?" Billie says to the other person in the room.

"I wanna talk now. I came here to see you B, and now that you have free time, you can hang out with me?" Ha! This egocentric asshole.

"I didn't ask you to come here, in the first place. And I told you before that I'm doing important shit, so why are you being so stupid?"

"I just wanna spend some time with you, baby" I make a disgusted face.

"Don't call me like that" You tell him Bil!

"Listen, I'm so sorry... for everything. But I really wanna make it up to you, for us" You're making a fool of yourself, dude.

Silence floods the room and my heart trembles. Say something, Billie.

"I know we can make this shit work, just give me a chance" No, dude. Stop it.

"I don't know Brandon..." Billie says and I feel a note of doubt in her voice.

"Please" He says and I swear I want to punch him in the face, "Come here".

Oh my fucking god. If you are kissing this piece of shit, I swear...

"I missed these soft lips" He says after a few seconds and I disconnect the call.

This is so humiliating.