𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕 

"Baby, I need to go to the bathroom" I whisper in Billie's ear. She nods and gives me a little kiss on the cheek. 

I get up from the couch and walk to the bathroom. I dial Murphy's number. One, two, three times but she doesn't answer. 

"Fuck" I sigh and sit on the bathroom floor. What the fuck is going on? 

First, Daryl comes to the club to ruin my life, but I accept it.

Then my mom talks behind my back to Murphy, supposedly to protect me?

My mom's accident, my not-so-happy encounter with Daryl at the station, practically forcing me to work and then Murphy comes and fires me? By text? 

This is too much shit to handle in a few days.

I know now is too late to go to the club, and also I don't want to involve Billie in all of this, so I convince myself that tomorrow I'll get to the bottom of this. 

I go back to the living room to sit in my favorite place, next to my beautiful girlfriend. She makes all this craziness less stressful. 

"Are you okay?" She murmurs the question, looking into my eyes. 

"Yes" I give her a smile and she stares at me for a while. "What?" 

"Let's go to my room" She doesn't ask and takes my hand. We say goodnight to her parents and go to her room. 

"I really was enjoying the movie" I complain when she guides me to her bed. The dim lights are red.  

"We'll watch it later" She sits with her legs crossed in front of me. I know she is gonna enter deep mode and I want to avoid it as much as I can. 

"Can you tell me what's going on, Charlie?" I expected more confrontation, but I know she is not like that, she just really cares about me. 

"About what?" I don't know what she thinks is going on. 

"I don't know, really. But you've been more worried, I look over at you and you always have that concerned look"  She caresses my cheek. 

"It's just my mom, she has me worried" And although that's true, I lie cause I know that there is so much more in my life that has me worried these days. 

"Are you sure?" I know she can sense my lies. But I don't wanna see her involved in things that in itself already terrify me.

I nod cause I can keep lying to her, "My head overthinks too much about everything" I won't lie this time. 

"You know that you can tell me everything, right?" She searches for my eyes, "It doesn't matter what is going on,  I'll be here for anything you need" 

I look at her and I pout, I feel so shitty. She hugs me and opens her legs so I can rest on my side on top of her, she rests her back on the wall. 

"I think I've been very clear when I tell you that you can always count on me, no matter what" She kisses my head and I try really hard not to cry. "Hey, tell me you know"  She takes my chin so I can look at her. 

"I know, Bil" I sniffle and put my head on her chest again. 

We stay silent while she strokes my hair. What did I do to deserve her? 

"We should go to sleep" I whisper on her chest. 

"Nah" She hugs me tightly. "You're soft and warm, and I don't want you to move"