𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕  

I get inside my house and lean on the door, I start crying uncontrollably. Like whining and suffering kinda shit. My mother must have heard me because she called my name, a few times...

I wipe my tears as best as I can and go upstairs. When I get to her room, I open the door a little and she squints her eyes to see me with the dim light. 

"You're home already? How was the party?" Her soft smile makes me wanna cry again, but I suppress it.

"Yes, it was fine. I'm going to bed now, I'm tired. Sleep well, ok?" I try to speak with a neutral voice. Hard. 

"Hey, Charlie!" She calls my name when I'm turning around. I sigh and go back to the door.

"Yes?" I try to sound nonchalant. 

"What's wrong?" She already knows something is up. I can't hide my feelings from her. 

"Oh, nothing... I just wanna go to bed" I shrug my shoulders. 

"Come here" She palms her bed a few times. And I have no choice but to sit next to her, where she takes my face and looks at me questioningly. "I know you, Charlie, something's wrong..." 

"I just probably had the worst day since I've been alive" I whisper and sigh, as not to cry my eyes out again. 

"What happened?" She looks very worried and caresses my hair to comfort me. 

"Billie and I broke up" Tears start falling, again. I know I can't tell her the reason why cause I also wanna protect my stubborn mother from Daryl, but I try to be as sincere as I can be. 

 "Oh, honey, I'm so sorry" She hugs me and I lay on her thighs. "What happened?" I know she is carefully choosing her questions, she is not the type to intrude. 

"I think that... It was better to be apart than together" I carefully choose my words, too. I'm my mother's daughter... 

"You did the right thing, honey. You have to follow your heart, always" She kisses my forehead and my crying gets out of control.

"I know it was the best thing to do, but I didn't know that would come with an unbelievable pain" Those words come out between sobs. 

"Oh, my baby. Oh..." She is heartbroken for me too. She holds me for a long time as I sob into her lap. 

After a while, she starts talking. "Honey, listen... I know it hurts so much right now, but you're gonna fall in love so many times before you find the person you'll be with forever... So, think of it this way, you're just one broken heart closer to happily ever after..."  Her words echo in my head. 

I don't think I deserve a happily ever after. I don't ever wanna fall in love again, it is always painful. I'm done. 

"There are no such things as happy endings, mom" I wipe my tears and answer her kinda annoyed. 

"Oh baby, believe me. There are always happy endings. And you deserve one" Her words are so genuine. She is the best, but she was at the hospital, because of me. 

My heart paralyze when I think what she had to go throw with Daryl. I wanna tell her I know everything, but she would make questions that I can't give an answer to.