𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕

She just laughed at my comment. Fuck. Why does this have to happen to me?

"Sorry, that's not what I meant" It's just that my mouth didn't catch up with my brain in time.

"You're high as fuck bro, I don't expect to have a real conversation with you". She has a way of pronouncing the words and every letter that makes it impossible for me to not see her mouth every time she opens it.

But back to what she said, that hurt. I'm not that high.

"You're right, I should go home" I say as I get up from the chair.

"No" She says in a soft voice and reaches over to take my hand and pushes me towards the chair again.

I nod and I stare at her for a few seconds, waiting for her to tell me something else so that I can see her mouth again when she speaks.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Charlie?" She asks me in almost a whisper.

Your lips look so soft, damn.

"I didn't know you could sing like that!" Memories before the fall come back to me and I return to my state of wonder.

"So you were spying on me" Of course she had to throw it in my face.

She gets comfortable in her chair waiting for my answer, she's wearing black shorts and a white hoodie. Her hair is tied up in a bun and she doesn't have a drop of makeup, as if she needed any.

"Can we have a normal conversation?" I answer with a question because I want to avoid this topic at all costs.

"What do you want to talk about?"  She is playing with the rings in her hand.

"Did you guys write that song?" I ask, holding my head with my hand.

"Yes, but is not finished yet"  She answers me and moves both eyes to the side and tilts her head a little. She brings her hand to her face and touches the bridge of her nose. "Shit" She whispers.

I put my hand over hers on the table, and I caress her while I ask her if she's okay.

"Is nothing, don't worry about it"  She responds and takes her hand away.

I remove my hand from the table as well. I start to feel a little cold from the night breeze and I bring my hands to my arms to warm myself, or maybe I just do it to give myself comfort after that uncomfortable moment. Who knows.

"Are you cold?"  She acts worried but at this point, I don't buy it.

"A little. I think I'll go now... Sorry for interrupting you and falling into your backyard" I giggle softly and stand up, this time walking right away so she can't catch me.

"Hey Charlie"  She speaks louder and I turn to her, "Is your mom at home?"

"No, she is working. Why?"  I asked her, a little confused.

"You're staying here until she gets back"  She says firmly standing up from her seat.

"But..."  Then she takes my hand and guides me inside the house.

We entered through the kitchen door and in the living room we found Maggie at her computer, wearing some cute glasses that make her look adorable.

"Charlie! Hi sweetie, how are you?"  She asks me with the kindest voice.

"I'm good Maggie, thanks. How are you?" I replied.