𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"I'm really gonna miss you" Elena says, giving me a tight hug.

"Me too" I sob in her neck. Feels like leaving New York all over again.

"Go visit me soon, please" She parted from the hug and took her luggage from me.

"I promise, El" I give her a soft smile. I hate goodbyes.

"And take that girlfriend of yours. As far as I'm concerned, she doesn't even exist" She says seriously but laughs at the end.

"She is a busy lady" I laugh with her. Thinking about Billie makes my heart warm. "Let me know when you land, please"

"Bet" She puts on her sunglasses. They'll never see her cry, I meant what I say.

"Bye" I wave at her and she waves back. She doesn't say anything else and walks away.

I stand in the middle of the airport until I lose her in the crowd. Again that horrible feeling, as if they took a part of me.

I stand there and throw my head back, take a deep breath and push my sadness far inside of me. I return my head to its normal position and sigh.

I walk to the car and get into the passenger seat, my mom puts out the cigarette when she sees me and starts driving immediately.

"I'm sorry, old habit" She shakes her head, as she closes the window.

"Are you okay?" I turn my body in her direction. She has been acting strange since the day Elena and I told her about Daryl.

"Yes" She rushes to say, "It's just that I don't like goodbyes" Me and you both.

"I get it" And I know that it isn't only that. Elena is an important part of our lives and obviously, it's sad to say goodbye, but since the awful news, my mother has been a little off and I am beginning to get worried.

"I just wanna thank you mom... you've been so supportive" I play with my fingers. "You seemed very happy when you were with him... I really don't get how a man could do that and then go on with her life like it was nothing" My mom gets tense while I talk and tightens the steering wheel.

"You don't have to thank me, it was the only right thing to do", She caressed my cheek in the most loving way and then got her hand back on the wheel. "Listen, nobody messes with my girls. I'll do anything to protect you guys, no matter what"

"Thank you mom" I lean to kiss her cheek and I can help but cry a little.

"But I prefer not to talk about it anymore, Charlie. It makes me a little angry" She looks at me and I nod.

The rest of the way home we stayed in silence, with little irrelevant conversations. My head is busy thinking about how crazy it has been these last days.

The universe finds its ways to balance life. Bad things like the drama with Daryl had to balance somehow the most wonderful thing that has happened to me lately... And that's Billie.

She had to extend her trip to do press, we should see each other in a couple of days, I miss her a lot.

I feel that now my life is calm, and I am happy... something bad is about to happen or what?

Nah, I will not be that kind of person who sabotages her own happiness. You have to be happy with the present.

And wow... I never thought that I could be so happy with my present.