𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕 

The doctor's words begin to twist in the air and reach my ears as if they were in another language. I can see that he is still speaking but I cannot decipher the meaning of his words. 

Billie holds me and I look over trying to ask her for help, but I can't form my words either. She receives all the information from the doctor and I'm just in shock. 

I hear her voice deep in my mind, "Charlie" She speaks again, there is a tinge of concern in her voice.

I mumble a sound like a question. I begin to realize my surroundings. 

"Baby, are you okay?" She asks me and looks to the doctor. 

"Yes, I am" I whisper. "And my mom? How is she?" Now my voice is louder again. Billie looks at me worriedly, again. The doctor speaks again and I now understand what he is saying.

"As I was saying, your mother was badly bruised in the head when she came. We believe there were several blows that led to a brain hematoma. She is currently unconscious and we will leave her under observation to evaluate and rule out a possible hernia" I listen carefully to his words to understand what he tells me. 

"Several blows in her head?" I ask in disbelief. 

"We don't know for sure, but It was definitely a person who did this. The police will take your statement of what happened..." 

"She will be alright? When can I see her?" I interrupt him. 

 "She is stable for now but we are still monitoring her for any internal bleeding and running some tests to rule out something else. We think she'll be unconscious for at least a few days because of the hematoma. We will let you know as soon as you can see her"  Even when his words are somewhat confused, still manages to ease my desperate mind.

"Thank you so much, Doc" Billie says and he nods and goes away. 

"I don't get it... How?" I ask more for myself. I sit, resting my elbows on my knees. 

"Baby, she's gonna be fine" Billie caresses my hair. 

"Thank you so much for being here, Bil" I look at her and I can only think of how lucky I am to have her. 

"I'll be here whenever you need me, Charlie" She takes my chin and kisses my forehead. I feel so safe around her. 

"Oh my god! I gotta call Vincent and my dad" I start to pull out my phone but Billie takes my hand. "What?"

"I already call your brother, he knows" She confesses kinda ashamed. Oh my god, I love her. 

"When did you call him? You were with me all the time... I didn't hear anything"  Or I'm losing my mind? 

"I call him when we get here and you were sitting exactly there not talking to anyone. I was so worried about your reaction and I didn't know what to do... So, I call him. He is on his way here"  

"Really?" I get excited knowing that he's coming, but I get sad right away when I understand why he is. "Thanks for calling him, I probably would have cried if I had to do that"