𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕 

We left the house about 20 minutes after the call and now we are outside I realize that the car parked in my driveway is not Vincent's.

"Where did you get that car from?" I ask him as we walk to the car.

"I rented it at the airport... Since I'm here I hope I can do other things that I have pending"  I almost don't hear the last part. 

"You could have asked for mine" I suggest.

"It's not my style, sorry" He chuckles and we get into the car.

"You clearly have no style" I counterattack but just for fun purposes. I must distract myself somehow.

The station we need to go to is very close to the house and every minute that passes while we drive there, my stomach aches more and more. I'm so nervous.

We park in front of the police station and I stand still in my place. Vincent takes my hand and that takes me out of my rambling. 

"Hey, we can handle this" His words manage to give me a little courage, but it is not enough.

We get out of the car and get in the police station, Vince tells me to wait while he goes to ask about Mom's case, so I sit down to wait. 

There is a long corridor with some people waiting and at the end a door that says: Chief of police. 

I feel so weird being in here. Especially after all the incidents with the police. I really hate them, and it's sad because this is the institution you should trust to have justice. 

I know I shouldn't generalize, but if you're in an institution that covers up the policemen when they kill innocent people, you should do something about it... Or not be a part of them. 

After a few minutes of waiting the chief's door opens and obviously my gaze is directed there. The chief of police and another man shake hands and the last one walks out the door.

I try to look away because it's not very polite of me to stare. But I can't help myself to look again when he is only a few steps from me. My heart starts racing. 

He stands right in front of me and I look down, terrified.

"We have to stop meeting like this, Charlie" Daryl says with a twisted happy tone.

(I present to you: Daryl Walsh aka the Bad Guy)

His words and his tone make my body tremble. I hate the power he has over me, every time I am in his presence I am paralyzed.  

"What the fuck do you want from me?" My voice came out louder than I expected and some people look over at us.

He shakes his head laughing and sits next to me. I feel so small as I try to avoid his gaze. I move in my seat, uncomfortable.