𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"How is California treating you, sis?" my brother, Vincent asks me through the phone.

"It's fine I guess" I let him know, I'm home alone on a Friday night and I'm bored as fuck.

"What are you planning to do to make money?" I can see his face with a hint of concern because he knows what I've done for money lately.

"At the moment I have nothing in mind... I also have some savings, you know?" I look at him with a satisfying smile.

"I know you did very well little sister but it keeps bothering me a little" He says lowering the volume of his voice.

"You know it was super safe all the time, otherwise I would not have done it" I assure him.

"Yes, I know... you're so grown up now. It seems like yesterday when you were little Charlie who couldn't say my name right". He starts laughing at the memory.

"Yeap! Ages ago, I'm an adult now, staying at home alone on a Friday night" I sigh.

"You haven't made any friends? That seems weird"

"Well, it's difficult when I don't go anywhere, I need to find a fucking job"

"You will Charlie, sooner than you think" He assures me, "Well... this has been very entertaining sis, but some of us do have to work for a living... Tell mom I say hi"

"Ok, Vince" I laugh at him, "Take care, love you"

"Love you more. Bye" and the call is disconnected.

And suddenly a huge void fills me.

Like when you're in a strange place and you feel like you miss something but you don't know what it is, you miss something that you don't even know you could miss, it's very weird and it's a feeling that I fucking hate.

In these cases and especially when I don't have my best friends with me, I do the only thing that distracts me... I watch porn.

Okay, I'm kidding, calm down. This is not the appropriate time to do that.

I know I'm a Scorpio, but contrary to popular belief, I'm not horny 24/7. Probably 20/7. Lol.

What I was referring to earlier was my good old friend Mari. My only friend who doesn't ask questions and is always there when I need it.

I go out to the backyard to smoke in peace. I love this house because it has a lot of grass, big trees and with my mother, we set up a hammock between them and it has become my favourite place in the world.

I like to smoke a pipe because I'm awful at rolling weed. I sit in the hammock and the world starts to blur.

I check Instagram for a while waiting until the weed takes me to the maximum point.

After a while, I start to hear voices nearby and I think they come from the house next door, I can't quite distinguish what they say but I know there are at least two people.

One of them starts to play an instrument, I assume it is a ukulele from the sound and a very soft voice begins to sing.

I'm not sure if the weed is already hitting me hard or if I'm really listening to an angel.

I am so absorbed with the voice that I decide to get up to listen more closely.

Of course, I fall in the attempt and I start to laugh for a few seconds until I get up from the ground and walk towards the wooden tambourine that divides the houses, it is not that high so I have to bent over so that no one can see me.