𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 / 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I swallow hard and for a few seconds I think about not playing her game anymore... but fuck it.

"You are so fucking cute" I mark my words and I bring my face closer as I speak.

Billie wraps her hand around my neck and pushes me back a little, not in a rough way, but in a very sensual one.

"What did you say Charlie?" Her blue eyes penetrate me and I think I could kiss the hell out of her right now.

I'm about to answer but my phone starts ringing on the coffee table and she lets go of me to hand me the phone.

I gulp and don't even look at the number to answer.

"Hello?" I ask and Billie starts checking her phone.

"Hi, Charlie! It's Sophie, Elena gave me your number. How are you?"

"Oh, hey Sophie! Yes, she told me she will. I'm good, thanks. How are you?" I say trying to sound very calm, but I'm freaking the fuck out with Billie by my side.

"Great! I was very surprised when Elena told me that you were living in the neighbourhood, How has it been so far?"

"Nice, it's so peaceful around here. But the truth is that I haven't left the house so much" I giggle.

"Maybe this is your lucky day! What about we meet later? I'll tell you about the job, so you can see if you like it... and we can hang out after I'm done working?"

Her doubtful voice at the end seems very sweet, and I also know that I should take advantage of any job opportunity sooo...

"Yeah, sure! Send me the address and I'll meet you there" I say and I feel Billie move on the couch but I don't see her expression...

"Awesome! I'll send it to you. Is 7 o'clock okay?"

"Yep, sounds great. See you there!" I smile at her even though I know she can see me.

"See you!"

I check the time on my phone and it's almost 6 pm, I have less than an hour to get ready and leave the house.

I get up from the couch and look at Billie, "Hey... I'm not trying to kick you out or anything... but I'll go change to go out"

"Where are you going?"  She doesn't wait for an answer, "I can give you a ride if you want, since you don't have a car because of me" She says standing but avoiding my eyes.

"It wasn't your fault... And I can call an uber anyways" I replied to her now meeting her eyes.

"It doesn't matter, I feel guilty anyway... let me take you Charlie" She uses that raspy voice again and it compels me to say yes.

"Fine. I'll go change" I start to walk towards my room, she has a way of convincing me that I can't evade.

"Can I go with you?" I laugh hard at her comment. 

"Fuck no!" I giggle to myself and slam the door.

I go to the closet and decide what to wear, it has to be something comfortable but cute.

I chose some tight jeans and a crop black shirt that shows my belly button. And since my hair is a bit unruly, I throw a bandana on.

 And since my hair is a bit unruly, I throw a bandana on

I do a quick makeup and leave my room. Billie is on the couch with her legs wide open and looks up as I approach the living room. Fuck, if looks could kill.

"I'm ready," I said looking down. Look up you stupid bitch, show no weakness.

"Aigh, let's go" She stands up and walks towards me with both her hands in her pockets.

I open the door to let her go outside first, she looks me up and down and walks past me to leave the house.

"Wait here, I'll get the car" I nod to her as she goes to her house and I check the text that Sophie sent me with the address.

I hear a horn and lift my head to see Billie in her sexy Matte Black Dodge that has the power to turn me on.

I get in the passenger seat and Billie has the plug already in my direction.

"I love that you know who has the best taste in music here" She laughs out loud.

"Keep telling yourself that babe" She laughs and I join her.

I connect my phone and choose my playlist but I put it on random play.

CIGARETTES by Amir Obe now playing.

"Which is the address?" She asks and helps me fasten the belt with which I've been fighting for a couple of seconds.

"6240 York Boulevard" I replied and she hums.

She has this masculine way of doing some things. Like driving, sitting or when she moves sometimes... and I think is one of the things I love the most.

I love masculinity, especially in my women.

Billie has a concentrated face between driving and listening to the song. She looks almost upset by frowning.

I can't stop watching her and I know she knows I'm doing it because a small smile begins to form on her face. Yeah, bitch, I'm looking at you. Enjoy it.

I don't even know if this strange feeling that I feel when I see her is something else. But I only know that I like spending time with her, and I will continue doing it as long as she wants me around.

Will this be only in my head? I don't even know much about her... but at the same time, I know too much.

"If you overthinkin', I get high with you, If you ever sinkin', I go down with you, All I need, my baby and a cigarette. Convo gettin' dry but I can get it wet..." I sing and dance in my seat.

She giggles and looks at me while driving. I guess it is my turn to be watched.

Do you know that feeling when a song makes you feel high? This song man!

After a couple of songs and a very uncommunicative Billie, we arrived at the place. What I see is a fucking Starbucks?

I look out the window with a confused face. I know I'll get out of the car anyways and meet Sophie, so she can have the chance to explain to me everything about the job. But regardless, I will decline her offer with the greatest kindness in the world.

I'd rather undress while dancing than work here. I love coffee anyways, there is no complaint about that.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Billie asks me and pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing" I smile at her, "Thanks for the ride"

She doesn't say anything and her eyes inspect my face. My lips?

"Well... I have to go Bil, you didn't have to do this" I unbuckle my belt.

The sound of an incoming text catches my attention.

*I'm outside* Says Sophie.

I look out the window and see her. I have to do a double check because she looks very different since New York, but she also sees me and waves at me, so I know it's her. I wave her back.

I see Billie and she is looking at me with an intense look, "Take care". She says that with a low voice and with the hand that is not on the wheel, she gently squeezes my thigh.

I freeze again, and I watch her hand on my thigh. After a few seconds, she takes it out of my thigh and brings it up to my face to take my chin and turn my face towards her.

"They're waiting for you, Charlie" I only see her lips when she says those words.

Come back to this world, you stupid bitch.

"Right" I say quickly, she takes out her hand and I open the door to leave the car.

"Bye" She says. I close the door behind me and she doesn't wait for a second to get the hell out of here.

"Bye" I whisper.