Chapter 5

Prince of the larpons

*******

The room fell silent, this has been a topic for years now. He was taken at four years and he is almost twenty-four. Aeneas says he still needs him. For what? He can't just take their future king, make him grow among demons, and learn nothing about his culture. As the future king, he was supposed to grow up with his people, to learn about them and their suffering not be someone else.

Jun couldn't be far away from his people than this.

Arjun has exclaimed his disapproval of this countless times and when his wife came back it increased. He needed his son back too now the entire council is at his throat. Jun was a grown-up, twenty-four years old, and needed to be with his people.

"Father you know this is not our decision to make" Jun broke the silence.

"But it's time for us to make it, this is degrading. He took our prince, no one in this land knows you, they don't know their future King" Jun understood his father's worries now more than ever. Time was saying goodbye, he was supposed to take over at eighteen but that was impossible when Aeneas said he still needs him for what? No one seems to know coz all Jun seems to be doing is reading, eating, arguing with Arthfael, sleeping, then repeating.

"Father, I know it's time for me to get back but right now more than ever I can't"

"And why is that?" Arjun gave his son a disbelieving face, he should be the one supporting them more than ever.

"Arthfael and I are going to find out why the Larpons are cursed" His mom gasped holding a hand over her mouth, his dad was trying to process those words exactly "This can save our people, we can end the suffering-"

"You're not doing such a thing" Jun was taken aback by those words, he expected them to be happy. This was hope, they could stop the cycle so that the next generation can be healed and saved.

"Father-"

"We are not cursed, never say such words again" Jun's mom came and stood in front of her son when Arjun launched toward him.

"He doesn't know anything" She defended

"All the reasons to be back" Arjun held his waist "What we feel makes us who we are, it's not a curse, it's a blessing"

"How is that a blessing?" Jun argued "Children feel adult pain the second they are born" Jun stood in front of her mother "We are made weak because of this, I need this orb just so I could find my own home every time I have to visit. We are hiding, from the world, because we all know what we are...what makes us, is nothing but a weakness" Arjun got closer to his son, just a meter or so taller than his son.

"You are not the king these people need"

"What these people need is saving and I am going to provide that even if I don't become their king. I will not rule a kingdom where children are grieving every two seconds"

"Get out" Jun knew that what he was saying is real and his father felt it but was too prideful to understand. Arjun passed his son and made his way out, Jun sighed pushing his hair back. His father was never like this but now he seems on the edge with everything.

His mom held his shoulders turning him around "We all know the thing that connects us is nothing but a curse that we have failed to break. Now we have to embrace it, and call it a blessing because there is no hope for stopping it. Your dad is just worried you will lose hope just like we all did"

"I won't, I will stop it and make sure we are normal and happy even if it is the last thing I do" Jun didn't care about the throne, he cared that they were looked down on. Every creature is stronger than them, they are nothing but a laughing stock, they are nothing but mourners.

*****

"Diego?" Mr. Harvey called lightly tapping the glass trying to get Diego out of his head. He had leaned into the glass, eyes open with tears pouring down his cheeks as he seemed to be looking into space "Diego...Diego?" he called aimlessly trying to gain attention once again but he got none.

He ushered in his men, he was too afraid to open that door all alone and get snatched up just in case this was a trap. He held one of his men's hands before they could yank the door open "Be careful, remember he is not like us" Mr. Harvey cautioned.

The first man carefully pulled the door open and as soon as it was pulled ajar no one made a move as they took in Diego's reaction who had yet to offer any. He glanced back at the two guys behind him as he took his first step inside the room with an electricity stick that zapped a bit, just in threat but still, Diego was unmoving.

And as they got closer Martin signaled his partners to take a position and surround Diego. Mr. Harvey closed the door behind them in case things didn't work out in there. His men didn't notice the action all too engrossed in watching the unmoving danger in front of them.

Martin held his zap up and hit Diego's shoulder then took a step back, Diego didn't react. He did it again this time holding it onto Diego's shoulder for a couple of seconds but still got no reaction.

He glanced at Mr. Harvey who encouraged them to wake him up. He needed Diego alive and he would do anything to understand these creatures and how they have immortality. The second guy brought the stick into Diego's torso and still received zero reaction, he smiled, and having enjoyed that more than he should have he brought the stick down again and held it for longer this time.

"What is happening?" Mr. Harvey questioned after seeing zero progress from his men who have been in there for a minute now.

"He is not waking up" Martin answered then zapped Diego again only for Diego to snap his eyes to him in a quick snap it scared him hard enough for him to trip and land on his ass.

The rest stepped back in fear, Diego lifted his hand holding the zap stick of one of them reversing the electricity. The guy fell with a single yell before passing out, the rest dashed for the door only to find it locked with Mr. Harvey not willing to open it for them.

Diego stood up and instead of attacking he moved to the other side, he pointed his finger at the glass, and the entire glass wall shattered into tiny pieces at their feet. Now nothing was separating him from Mr. Harvey who was too stunned to run except look at Diego with fear of getting killed.

Diego turned towards the scared men and those who were running in. Fear could be smelled on them, Diego wiped at his eyes as he took in what he had just done and the guy who had just woken up "I'm sorry" Diego raised his hands and everyone flinched yet he was not about to harm them "I didn't mean to harm anyone. I just..." he sniffed holding his head "I just got caught up in a bad memory" He didn't want to indulge in something like that with the humans so he left it to that "But I have to leave now" he had stayed because he thought the box could contain him but when he got sad his energy flowed back into him and it no longer felt like death.

He took the first step, and everyone flinched away including Mr. Harvey, as Diego got closer to him "Let fate guide you" Diego said without looking at him as he was given a pass to leave with no harm done.

Diego knew that his words had done nothing to stop the old man from trying to be immortal. He just hoped that Mr. Harvey would be clever enough to stop before things got bad.

That is some advice he wished to have told himself when he was young. He should have listened to what others were saying and stopped trying to be better than anyone. Trying to get what wasn't his. His greed for more put him where he is, at the lowest, anyone can get.

Some things are not worth it.

Proving yourself where needn't be ends with you in hot water and with everyone gone.

Time can't be reversed, Diego knew this and he tries to tell himself that that day will never come back. That mistake will always be a part of who he is but in the future, he is going to try and fix everything.