Chapter 18

Ideal mate type

*********

The four had been walking forever and everyone felt like their bones might break if they took another step. Soon the only solution left was for them to rest. They decided to rest in the darkness of a steep valley Arthfael lit up a fire to create some warmth and light around the dark place.

They haven't had any conversations since they started this journey. It has been more of attacks and fighting and once they start walking everyone seems to be in their world. Thinking of different things, their problems, worries, and some guilt.

The resting wasn't different, they all sat and no one uttered a single word to the other. Sean pulled out the Helios book and started passing his eyes through it while the rest glanced into an open flame.

Arthfael was still not back to his normal self even if he has been hiding it very well. In all honesty, he still feels dizzy and has been doing everything to not think of that moment again. Or what he saw and whenever his mind drifted there he would blink and try to think of other things.

That was his weakness, he has tried to work around it all the time but it always finds a way to creep up on him.

"Oh my god" Sean exclaimed with a laugh and made everyone turn to him "Sorry" he felt ashamed yet a smile was stuck on his face.

"What is making you laugh" Diego was now intrigued even if the rest went back into their worlds.

"No, it's...just-" Sean fixed himself turning towards Diego "The way Leroy conned his mate, it was so sweet and funny"

"Powerful aki but hopelessly romantic" Diego sighed leaning back on the tree "He used to tell us stories of how he got his mate and yeah, we all wish to have stories like those" Sean could hear the sadness behind Diego's words. That sadness he wishes he could wash away, no one deserves to be this sad.

"Who was your ideal mate?"

"Back then or now"

"Back then" Sean corrected, Diego, shook his head with a tiny smile "Why are you smiling?"

"I was wild back then" He turned to his mate "I liked a fat ass" Sean's eyes widened, and Arthfael chuckled having heard what was said "But then again I didn't care about personality, it was all physical. Pleasant to the eye"

Sean shook his head with a smile, this was the first time to hear Diego talk about the past and not be sad about it. He figured he should leave it to happy memories and not go anywhere they both would feel uncomfortable "What about you Arthfael, who is your type?" Sean asked and Jun lifted his head right away.

"I don't have a type"

"Everyone has a type, you don't need to be secretive" Sean argued. Arthfael felt himself being pulled into the corner, this was personal and maybe that is why Sean was his papa's best friend. They were both inquisitive.

"Well..." He chuckled to himself kind of embarrassed to be getting such an audience when he least expected it. This was a rare sight to him, his papa is the only one who asks him questions well plus the annoying Jun yet this time he felt like he was talking to someone outside. Someone, he shouldn't feel like hiding. If he didn't know better he would say he enjoyed the company he was getting even if he is used to sitting alone and enjoying his own company. This wasn't bad. He has never had any friends, not like he wanted Sean to be a friend but the feeling he was getting was there...maybe he was getting one

"Well!" Sean urged showing how much he wasn't going to give up.

Arthfael felt kind of shy even if he kept his face passive and irritated "If they are understanding and don't compare me to my father" he finally voiced out, his voice kind of low as if unsure.