Chapter 16

Exton?

******

"I thought you were the last one of your kind" Arthfael questioned, if he was scared of something it was an Aki. Those creatures were damn powerful and being face-to-face with one at this time wasn't one of his plans.

"That is what I thought" Diego had no explanation at all about this. It flew above them and as it got closer Diego noticed something "It has purple eyes, no Aki has purple eyes" Just as those words came out of his mouth it attacked throwing a staff right at them. It pulled the staff back into its hands and landed on the ground retracting its wings.

Diego was still in shock, he has never thought he will ever look at a creature of his kind and when it got closer he could see its face. It was Exton- "We need to leave" Arthfael was not planning on facing an Aki, not now at least. When he is ready and has formed a contingency plan and mapped everything out.

"I am not leaving until I understand what is going on" Diego walked over to it, this was one of him. It has been long since he looked at his kind except for Abnus. He thought he was alone but if one is still alive then he would want to know how.

He got pulled off his feet by the aki as it pulled him close "Exton" Diego called only to be thrown to the side. He hit the ground hard he rolled countless times before gaining his footing "Arthfael don't" Aethfael was already sending fire towards the Aki without mercy.

It was quick, the agility it used as it jumped right into Arthfael sending him into the ground too. Jun ran back in fear landing on his ass, he didn't have any energy. The Aki raised its hand but Arthfael sent a wave of power that pushed it right through the shield.

He took in deep calming breaths, that was a close one... "Where is Sean?" Diego questioned after noticing him missing.

"I think he jumped in"

*****

When Sean saw Diego being thrown he tried to run over and help him but got sucked into the shield. His attempt to yell failed because as quickly as he was pulled he was already in.

He glanced back and choked on his cry at the sight in front of him. A dessert of skeletons everywhere he looked. All scattered. He stood up as the sight fully sank in, everything was... It showed how much death had taken place-

Something shot through the shield, he covered his ears as it landed with a thud inside falling into the skulls. His eyes widened when the Aki stood up and ran over to shield with force trying to break through but was thrown back.

He ran away and hid behind the excuse of a tree nearby. The branches looked like they stopped aging a thousand years ago and maybe they did. As he hid behind it the tree had the most disgusting scent in the world. It was wet and squishy

His focus couldn't stay on the tree when the shield suddenly boomed like thunder right before collapsing. His eyes caught both Diego and Arthfael who had the Aki in their hold not allowing it to move until Diego hit it on the back of the head and it passed out "Sean?"

"I'm here" Sean walked out of his hiding spot. Diego nodded with a sigh of relief.

"You scared me" Diego was worried and those minutes were the worst of his life. Not knowing if his mate was okay, he could feel he wasn't dead but that alone isn't enough after he had disappeared behind a mysterious shield.

Diego's eyes went back to inspect the Aki while Arthfael and Jun had their eyes on the remains of all the larpon that had lived in this place. Diego checked Exton's pulse and he was still alive "I need to take him to a healer"

"No, he is connected to this curse he has-"

"We will think about that later, I have to first make sure he is okay" Nothing mattered right now, not the curse, not nothing. This was his hope, if Exton was alive then he won't feel so alone.

"Go make sure he is alright. I will tell you what happens when we meet again" Sean said, Diego nodded before creating a portal and disappearing with the Aki.

"Do you smell that?"

"It was coming from that tree" Sean pointed walking over to it once again. Arthfael followed and it was indeed stronger there.

Arthfael noticed Jun looking at all the dead larpon, the sadness filled his face yet no tear strung down "Jun?" Jun turned to the two and then made his way closer. He was frustrated that he can't cry after seeing his kind lay down like this. They were all left behind without proper burial, it was sad to look at and he felt like he wanted to leave right away.

"Are you alright?" Sean asked worried about him.

"Yes" Jun lied, he needed to leave this place as soon as possible.

Arthfael held onto the branch so old, dry yet wet. The branch broke off and blood started flowing out "The fuck" The tree started flowing with blood. They all stepped back as blood pooled right below the tree. Arthfael felt sick, the sight of blood has never been his thing. He used a spell to wipe his hands clean but he couldn't hold his guts in. He turned around and threw up, his mind got dizzy. He wanted to erase the fact that he has touched it, looked at it, or even smelt it.

His strong fear started to sink in, he started shivering and struggled to breathe. He couldn't function so he ended up passing out "Arthfael" Jun called running over to him when a child started crying so loud, getting louder with each passing second that they had to close their ears. Sean fell on his knees the sound getting loud, his eardrums felt like they would burst only for him to lose consciousness.

Jun followed a second later.

*****

Diego watched the star witch work her magic but every spell collapsed as if they were lifeless. Diego knew little to nothing about healing magic but even he could know that spells collapsing isn't a great sign in any way.

"Why are they doing that?" The star witch sighed glancing at Diego, Diego knew it was bad news just from her eyes.

"He is dead"

"An impact to the head doesn't end an Aki's life"

"He didn't die today" She held onto Exton's body "He died a thousand years ago"

"Then how could he be alive, he didn't die. He was alive-"

"Diego I know how much you want this to be true but it isn't" She held onto his shoulders "If he was alive then it wasn't him. His soul was taken out of his dead body and replaced with whatever we are dealing with right now"

Diego walked over to the table where Exton lay. He passed his fingers onto his arm before holding his hand "What did they do to you?" The star witch held onto his shoulder.

"I am going to find out" Exton suddenly sat up with his purple eyes open. He lifted his hand and sent Diego flying, the star witch held him before he could swipe a hit on her "I will get you demon out and make sure that body rests in peace" Exton threw her away before flying out of the house.

Diego wanted to follow but he doesn't have the wings to do so 'Where is the moon goddess when you need her?' at this time he needed to connect to his Aki soul. He needed to follow Exton "Use this, follow him. He must be going back to his master" She threw dust onto him, then handed him a bag full of magical flying dust "Be careful"

Diego flew out and followed the Aki, he remained on its tail. And as expected it flee towards its master, into cinder right in front of mage Cyanide. Diego landed in front of the two "I'm going to kill you" he threatened.

The fact that this mage was using an Aki's body as a vessel for a demon so he can order him around was unacceptable. Diego wanted her dead...

Mage Cynaide sneered "Before you do anything, make sure you know where your mate is"