Chapter 26

******

Sean gasped when he was let go into an unknown place. It seemed like a castle of some sort, the injured Phoenix whimpered in pain as it fell onto the ground with drowsy eyes "My sweet creature" A lady appeared behind it.

Sean crawled back his hands still holding onto the bag that had the book for dear life "No need to worry my sweet child" the lady comforted "Here you're safe"

"Where am I?"

"My home, Phoenix" She gestured to the big building with a slight smile. The building brightened up and turned into a beautiful castle as the Pheonix disappeared.

"Who are you?" She smiled as she swayed her hips moving towards a large throne.

"I am the goddess of phoenix" Sean has never heard of her but what would he know when he has just fallen into this world not long ago

"Why am I here?" Sean stood up, the book held firmly in his grasp.

"I brought you here for your protection as you've heard. Your brother is out to get you"

"I don't have a brother"

"Yeah, no memories" She sighed while getting off her throne once again and making her way toward Sean who took steps back in fear. When she reached Sean covered his eyes and waited for whatever she was gonna throw towards him yet a single touch on the head was what he felt before voices started swimming into his head.

He yelled out in pain before the finger left him "Can't handle godly thoughts" Sean held his head, as he watched the goddess of Phoenix walk back to her throne.

"What did you do to me?"

"Trying to make you remember but your head is too small for memories worth a god, a reincarnation ritual will be needed" Sean was confused but he pulled his book back into his arms "You human are the reincarnation of the lord of the sun, Helios"

"What?-" Thunder boomed outside the castle, goddess of Phoenix got off her throne, and walked over to him once again.

"I am afraid I have no time to explain but take Diego into the yellow city. He will be healed and do whatever it takes to find his Aki soul" She raised her hand with the staff and as it connected with the ground she whispered "Your brother has started a war, we are going to need you"

"Whoa-whoa...whoaaaa" Sean span around in the wind and in the course, he lost the book as the spinning got so hard. He tried holding onto something but it was all air until he landed on hard ground. He took in a deep breath, all the oxygen he had lacked in the course when the book hit him in the face.

All he could think about was 'This life is not for me'

******

Arthfael didn't want to do this, it was all against his will. When he was told to follow Sean and bring him back it was his mate's wish but he sadly lost Sean.

Now his mate has forced him to come to talk to Diego and inform him about what happened to his mate. First, he tried to kill the guy, he would want to stay as far away from him as possible yet here he comes in with not-so-good news for him.

Exa was one to receive them and led them into Diego's room. He entered and Jun the person who is forcing him to do this was behind him as if scared of what might happen if they go in. Arthfael sighed pushing the door open, he found Diego on the bed and instantly got hit with burning flesh.

"Diego" Arthfael called as he approached with caution. Diego opened his eyes and as they landed on Arthfael he snapped straight in his bed an act that startled the two since they weren't expecting it.

"What are you doing here?" Diego gritted out in anger, his hand hurt terribly "Why are you here?!"

"It's not our fault. It came from the sky and it took him, we tried to fight it off. I even tried to hold him but he let go and then disappeared into the sky. We are terribly sorry" Jun rambled, Arthfael believes he has never heard him rumble like that so nervously.

"Why are you rambling, it's not our fault" Arthfael questioned

"Who was taken?"

"Your mate"

"Mm....what" Diego moaned in pain as he stood off the bed "What did you do?" His eyes turned purple but just as they came they disappeared and he fell back on the bed weak.

Exa ran in and as she examined him she knew he didn't have much time left. The body was dying and he was going to die along with it "I'm afraid he doesn't have much time left"

The door behind them opened with a heavily breathing Sean. All rusty with messy hair and all "Sean" They all turned to him, he took in a few deep breaths and then stood up.

"Does anyone know where the yellow city is" Exa nodded and as Sean stood up straight having started to feel his lungs "We need to go there right now, they will help him"

"I think you hit your head if you think taking a sick person in that city of gods is a great idea" Arthfael replied

"The goddess of Phoenix told me he will be healed once we get there" Sean knew he had no reason to believe the crazy lady that was going on about Helios' reincarnation but what other hope do they have?

"Goddess of Phoenix, where did you find such a high being" Arthfael sounded surprised

"Right now, what is important is to get Diego into the yellow city and you two have to help me because you are the cause of this" After Sean put his book in the bag he held onto Diego "Now will someone transport us to the yellow city"

Jun gave Arthfael a look, he sighed while opening up a portal. Exa helped Diego up and they passed through, it was painful for Diego but within seconds they were outside of a deserted free city.

"I never thought I would ever come to the city of the gods" Jun whispered

"Now what? I hope this isn't some kind of trap" Arthfael was now getting suspicious. All that might have been an act to get back at them.

"If you don't trust me you can go back, we are here already" Sean wasn't dealing with anyone when Diego was in grave danger. They both lifted Diego from the ground and crossed the gate of the yellow city.

Inside the buildings were all down, pure destruction under a grey sky with an orange sun "What now?"

"I don't know, there was an attack before she could give me more information"

"What kind of attack?" Diego asked with a groan as he took a seat under a tree, he was tired on his feet and needed some rest.

"Remember the moon demon said the gods were angry and wanted to kill me" Sean knew he couldn't say anything he was told with people he doesn't trust around "We will talk later let's go" He helped Diego back on his feet again and as he grunted they continued.

"Thank you," Diego said his eyes on Sean "For everything"

"Don't thank me when I abandoned you for four years"

"The thing is you came back" Diego was only seeing the positivity of this entire thing. His mate being around in the last minutes of his life was all he could ask for "And I hope that when I am gone you find the best life with someone wonderful. Someone amazing"

"Maybe if you survive, that someone might be you"

"You mean you can think of me as more than a friend"

"I want to but since you're dying..." Seen trailed off with a tiny shrug of his shoulders. Diego smiled through his pain, the best words he believes. Sean could see the smile on Diego, even through the pain his words managed to create an impact. This was the reason he decided to be friends with him, to be his hope even if he was not there yet.

He still doesn't see Diego as more than a friend but with the situation, he decided to voice out the words that would not let Diego down "Survive and we will talk"

"Guys, what is that?"