Chapter 22

Neutral agreement

********

"Jun...Jun...Jun hey" Arthfael called as he touched Jun's shoulder turning him to him "I have been searching for you" Jun didn't reply his eyes cast down "You can't avoid this, we need to talk about it we are mates"

Jun lifted his head, he glanced around to make sure no one heard that "Come with me" They walked into Jun's room which was void of any scent. The only time Arthfael ever smelt the larpon was when they broke the spell for only those seconds because the rest of the time Jun has zero scents. All he knows is that in that second Jun smelt like someone he would want to smell for the rest of his life.

"We need to finish the spell"

"You know what we need to do, is talk about the fact that we are mates" Arthfael pointed, Jun keeps on trying to avoid the subject as if it will disappear. Yes, they are mates but they have no bond because the spell is still in place. Right now they can either decide to be together or not.

"There is nothing to talk about, it's not like it's going anywhere"

"Because you're ignoring it"

"What do you want me to do Arthfael" Jun walked closer "You want us to sleep together and show you how much I am acknowledging it"

"Step back" Arthfael warned "I want none of that and you know it"

"Yes, you don't like being touched"

"We are mates but we have no bond, if you reject me now I will feel nothing. That is why I just want us to start knowing each other more and see if we can work" The bond was for only seconds so unless they break the spell they will never feel that bond ever again.

"I don't want to know you like that"

"Why are you guarding yourself, we both know we felt something for each other way before the mate thing happened"

"I didn't"

"You know what Jun if you don't want this to go anywhere fine. Do your thing, search for an angel and I will finally open myself to someone since I know I won't be finding a mate"

"Wait" Jun stopped Arthfael before he could leave "I need your help, we need to break the spell"

"Yeah good luck, I'm not doing that again"

"Come on help me, don't be like this because I rejected you"

"I am not saying no because you rejected me, I am not like that. I am saying no because I can't work with someone who is ninety-nine percent not willing to do what has to be done"

"This time I am willing to do what it takes"

"What changed?"

"My father visited me earlier" Jun started while walking away "When we broke the spell most larpons found their mates, most gained hope that it could happen and now they are putting pressure on my father to break the spell or else they will take away his crown and find a king who is willing to end their suffering"

Arthfael listened intently and then nodded "I will help you"

"You will?"

"That is what I just said but now we need a different strategy" Diego knows their plans which means they had to think even harder than last time.

"You mean you're not going to make me kneel or something"

"I want something in return" Jun nodded dreading whatever is coming "I want us to be friends"

"Friends?" Jun was shocked.

"We were almost mates, the bond might be nonexistent but at least it deserves a little respect. Don't you think?" Jun was only surprised, he couldn't utter a single word "I will go visit Cynaide, think about it and give me an answer"

******

Mage Cyanide hasn't healed after her energy got drained by Lady Desntiny'll. What scares her the most is the spell, it's weaker now after Diego's soul almost went through it.

It won't be able to withstand another breakage and Cyanide wasn't going to allow this. The spell has been standing for centuries, this can't be the end of it. The larpons deserved to suffer for eternity and so did the Akies.

He was going to make sure neither of them got their happy ending. She gasped holding onto her stomach as she continued concocting up some medicine after it was done she chanted while pouring it into a circle.

A gush of wind consumed the symbol on the floor right as a figure appeared in front of her. Her knees went weak "I need your help" She gasped out, as she felt her life slip through her fingers. The energy that kept her strength had been taken from her.

"Who do you want me to kill?"

"All of them, destroy them" The figure held her body before she could hit the ground.

"Don't worry Mother, you can rest now" Cyanide took in sharp ragged breaths right before she took her last breath

"All of them will pay"

*****

Arthfael was already back on the quest of searching for Cyanide. The first place to go was back to Cinder, when Cyanide ran she had already been made weak and if it wasn't for the ghost that interrupted the ceremony everything would have gone great that day.

He would have been able to feel more of the mate bond, it felt nice to have that feeling and in those seconds he understood why it was sacred. He felt like he could never feel something like that with anyone else.

He admits though, that is not how he wants to fall in love with someone. He wants things to move slowly, he wants steps and nothing to be rushed. He wants it real, he wants it to be his everything...

Arthfael stopped walking once he felt a light wind pass behind him. He turned and examined the place, it felt more intense. He took a step back as he turned around after seeing no one. His ears were sharp and when the thing tried to pass again he was ready, he held it mid-air before it could disappear.

He turned his head to see what he has caught and it was an Aki, a dark Aki "What the fu-" the creature held him by the throat cutting off his windpipe.

"Hello, Arthfael" The creature greeted as it pushed his neck backward with its magic. Arthfael tried fighting but his hand got held and tied up unable to be used. It tied his other hand too "I would advise you to not use any tricks" it spoke calmly.

Its hands rested behind its back while Arthfael fought to unbind himself "Who are you?" For all, Arthfael knows all Akies are dead mostly dark Akies. It was one and Diego ended its life, his father confirmed that.

"My name is Darthaniel" He responded standing in front of Arthfael "The son of Abnus and Cyanide" This was an Aki and a witch all in the same person.

"I'm not scared of you" Arthfael stopped fighting the binds and glared at Darthaniel. "You should-" Arthfael used his mind to try and kill the Aki only for it to hold its thumb onto his forehead taping into his mind "No, no, no-" Arthfael tried blocking his brain but it was too late and Darthaniel was already inside.

Arthfael watched all his life flash through his brain and every piece was being watched by Darthaniel. The more he tried fighting the harder he failed to and became weaker as he got pushed back.

After everything was dug out of his brain Darthaniel let him fall onto the ground "I said no tricks but thank you for that" Darthaniel said watching Arthfael hold his spinning head, "I will leave you with this" Blood poured onto him.

"AARRHGH" Arthfael yelled trying to run away but the blood had circled him all. His breathing came out in bits, his worst fear was happening. Blood was all over him, his heart pounded in his chest so hard it hurt, and his brain was all foggy and spinning intensely.

His throat was not his, he tried to spit out the blood from his mouth but it was too much. And it kept on pouring, he felt like he was sick and the more he tried to wipe off the blood the more it continued pouring onto him...he choked on it until he passed out.