Chapter 6

A visit from an angel

********

Sean slowly crawled out of bed not to wake Joshua up and put on some shorts and a shirt then snuck out without being heard.

He got into the kitchen and got a glass of water. He took constant sips of it to soothe his throat. His mind was telling him he was forgetting something he just didn't know what. He moved towards the window and glanced out, the moon full high in the sky.

His first thought was about werewolves and it made him chuckle. Not everything about that world was bad, weird yes but not all bad. Some were fascinating, some beasts engrossed in death and chaos. Sean felt like it would be hard to die and go to hell and then find Aeneas, he would give a bad punishment with a smile on his lips.

Meanwhile, his mate would... Sean shot up, he has finally recalled his dream. It was weird and he knew only one person could help him with it. Without thinking he whispered "Alexander" unsurely, it has been four years since he cut ties with him and told him it was permanent yet this dream couldn't seem to wait-

Alexander showed up right in front of him, he was lightly startled that some drops of water fell out of his glass. He didn't have a chance to back out of his decision of summoning him. "Thought you would never call me again" Alexander was kind of startled by the call.

"Well I thought that too but I had this dream..." He rested the glass down and started searching for a pen and a piece of paper "This weird creature appeared to me- where is the pen. You might have seen it somewhere, it glowed in a blue light..." he found it and ran back to Alexander as he drew exactly what he remembered from his dream then handed it to Alexander.

He wasn't good with art but he thought it was understandable since it was with someone who knew about creatures. Alexander gave it one look then glanced at Sean "What is this?" Alexander asked.

"The creature, I thought you might understand it"

"Well I don't"

"Is it my drawing, I can explain it. It was shining-"

"Sean you have not contacted me in over twenty years and this is what you tell me the minute you summon me" Alexander sounded angry not even showing any care for what Sean was talking about.

"Twenty years?" Alexander clenched his jaw and then discarded the paper without care.

"I forgot, four years on earth" Alexader held his hands over his chest "Four years Sean, you had thrown me out of your life. You didn't want to see or my son, you refused to talk to me and called me names. Now you summon me and show me this fuckin creature that I don't even fuckin know" Sean was startled by the outburst but also the cursing

"You curse now?"

"I have learned a thing or two from my mate plus it's hard to not curse with a complicated son or as his father likes to say that he is just complicated because the angel blood is conflicting with his demon blood which has to be a lie but I still can't help myself but wonder if it might be true and that is why my son is the way he is" Alexander hastened through words as if he has been holding them on his heart for so long.

"Do you want to take a seat and we talk about this?"

Alexander walked onto the couch and took a seat, Sean got some water and followed with it handing him a glass "Thank you, You have no idea what I have been through ever since I gave birth, it has not been easy on me"

"So your son is?"

"He reached twenty, two months ago"

"How does time fly down there" Sean is counting just four years and they are counting twenty. That was crazy and hard to wrap his head around yet he has seen enough to no longer be this surprised.

"It does" Alexander turned to him "I missed my best friend"

"I'm sorry I wasn't there but I had to"

"No you didn't" Up to now Alexander doesn't think Sean had a reason to just cut them out like he did "You just wanted to, I don't blame you. You freaked out and it's okay but what you told me was not okay"

"I'm sorry" Sean remembers what he told him that day, they were hurtful words "And I am sorry to have missed seeing your child"

"I am just glad you contacted me and I apologize for yelling at you"

"I kinda understand" Sean replied with a chuckle, Alexander needed to let it out. He seemed like he was bottling things inside "But let's go back to your son, how is he?"

"I don't know, all I know is that he worries me. Sometimes he is too quiet then when he opens his mouth he is too mean and very straightforward then sometimes it feels like he is planning something evil in his head then sometimes he is so sweet and in the next second he is dreading being too sweet. When you try to talk to him he goes mute completely, it's like there is no way of getting through to him no matter what I do"

"There is no behavior without a root, you just have to dig deep enough"

"I think Aeneas knows but doesn't want to tell me"

"But this is your son you should know"

"I should but I promised to trust him with our son and that is what I am trying to do"

"Well I guess you should trust him, he is the father too after all" Alexander nodded, he is doing what he can and leaving the rest to Aeneas "I want to meet him too"

"I have always wanted to introduce you" Alexander smiled proudly as if he has been waiting for the moment all his life. Sean felt excited...Suddenly Alexander groaned "Trouble in paradise..." Alexander got up "Or in hell, at this point don't know"

"At this point, you need to rest"

"Not if you have a child" he sighed "Anyway, I will take whatever this is to Aeneas, he will know what creature this is"

"Thank you so much, Alexander"

"Payment for rambling your ears off" He bid goodbye before disappearing in thin air. Sean wasn't shocked, it has been twenty years maybe he got new powers.

"WHAT... WAS... THAT!?" Sabrina screamed running into the room with wide eyes and fingers up. She looked too shocked to speak yet too excited to stop squealing.

"What was that?" Joshua came out of nowhere shirtless with sleepy eyes. Sean felt like his heart might jump out, this was a world he didn't need either of them to see or know about "What is with the yelling?" Joshua added moving over to Sean and giving him a peck.

Sabrina squealed once again "I saw an angel, I saw an angel....." She continued chanting while disappearing into her bedroom.

"What is she on about?"

"A nice dream I guess" Sean laughed awkwardly, he hopes he can convince Sabrina that what she saw was nothing. He hopes he could convince her, but first, he needed to know  what she saw exactly.

Alexander wouldn't make himself visible to her 'Or would he?' Sean thought. Evil tends to chase you even when you are pure, Alexander might have become conniving too "Let's go to bed" Joshua yawned leading the way. Sean felt a presence behind him, he glanced back and there was nothing.

It was weird, he could feel it yet he couldn't see a thing every time he looks back "Babe, come to bed"

"I'm coming"