Chapter 11

Friend?

**********

"Trust me on this" Arthfael soothed Jun who had little to no trust in anything Arthfael said. He was skeptical of the demon after the encounter he has just had with mage Cyanide. The worst part is that Arthfael seemed not worried or angry about what he did, his eyes were staring at the Willow tree attentively. The wheeling air around them was as cold as ice and Jun was starting to freeze while regretting his decision to follow Arthfael out here.

He should have stayed on his answer to go back home and tell Aeneas what happened before he decided to accept Arthfael's idea of him knowing a better mage who hasn't fucked his father. Of course, Jun remained suspicious but Arthfael hit him with 'I am not letting my father send me to one of his past fucks' and then continued by dragging him to this willow tree that he has been staring at for the past five minutes straight.

Jun still can't believe he followed him up here, he feels deep down that this was going to go two ways, bad or worse. With Arthfael you can never know, maybe it will go terribly, horribly worse.

To make matters worse Jun knew for the life of him that Arthfael doesn't have friends yet he said they were here to meet a friend. Friend? Arthfael doesn't even know the meaning of that let alone have one... Suddenly Arthfael jumped up the tree and held a tail of a squeaking animal that looked like a half bat.

"Here she is, isn't she cute" Arthfael scratched the creature's neck, the creature was far from being cute as he had claimed. The big yellowish eyes stood out on its entire face making it creepy. The creature screeched fighting to get out of Arthfael's hands.

"Are you sure she is your friend?" Jun walked closer inspecting it closely "She doesn't seem to like you very much"

"Of course, she does" The creature screeched even harder making Jun chuckle a bit and giving Arthfael a look that said I told you so.

"Whatever. She is going to lead us to another mage, right bimbo"

"Her name is Bimbo?" the creature whined with its arms up as if saying its real name.

"It's bimbo period" Arthfael cut it off, it whined but stopped there "Now lead the way" It jumped onto Arthfael's shoulder before going through the trees leading them. Jun noticed how Arthfael was fine with it jumping on him like that. It made him wonder if Arthfael was in one of those moments when he was fine being touched or if he just didn't mind animals having contact with him. As curious as he was he knew he couldn't ask, he will not be getting a genuine answer. He had to find out himself like he always does, by observing Arthfael closely.

It seems weird but he has always wanted to learn about Arthfael. Always been intrigued in so many ways, his close inspections had helped him find out some personal staff about Arthfael that he would have never found out if he asked directly. Now he needed to know if he was fine with the animal's touch, if he was in the mood, or if it was just Bimbo special.

Maybe he had a soft spot for the animal. Jun smiled thinking about that. Arthfael has a soft spot for something, he has never seen it except when he hugged his papa. The rest he usually has a stoic face.

Jun returned his eyes to the creature that was leading the way when he caught his eyes on the side of Arthfael's face. The pinkish skin of Bimbo made him get worried that it was cold out here, the weather was freezing.

"Isn't cold"

"Nah, its body is as hot as dragon fire" Jun made a huh with a nod. That was a discovery, for today. Plus every creature learns how to live in any habitat no matter good or bad. Jun noticed Arthfael's eyes on the creature too, his face wasn't stoic but just rested. A rare face, he always has his guard up.