Chapter 48

*******

Arthfael was getting ready to leave hell and go search for Darthaniel when the shield shook. He could smell five foreign demons outside trying to break through, even if Aeneas was dead the shield remained unbreakable.

He ran out of his room before teleporting himself outside to find the demons trying to push their weapons through the shield "Looking for me" Arthfael asked while bringing out his flying knife, now that he was going to be fighting for the throne he needed a better weapon than that. Something bigger and better to wield.

He needed to stop being scared. He had to grow out of his fear but his father's head still lingered in his eyes. Every time he thinks about it he feels panic trying to jump in.

He fixed his fighting stance and was ready to cover the sight of what he was about to do to the demons when he felt a presence behind him. He turned around but found no one, the smell of blood intensified and when his eyes glanced down, it was all over the ground. He was already standing in it, staining his shoes with red.

His father's head lying in blood flashed through his head and fear coated his entire body.

Through shock and fear, he fell back and tried pushing himself backward while fighting for his breath that was getting clogged between his throat 'It's just blood, just blood' he chanted in his head remembering what his therapist told him 'Blood was not dangerous'

'Face it head-on, breath in and out. Blood can't hurt you...just breathe' he took in deep breaths and just when his heart was calming down a bit, his hands not shaking so much the demons attacked and he had to avoid them which caused immediate fatigue 'If you pass out you die, if you pass out you die!' he used his power to push the demons back then sent his knife that cut through two demons leaving three.

One avoided it successfully and then tried to attack, Arthfael's legs gave out at the wrong time that the sword cut the side of his hand. With a hiss, he threw a punch back that sent the demon away...the scene of dead demons and blood brought back the memories he saw in his father's head.

How Aeneas' parents died, how they laid down in their blood, the screams. Then he remembered how his father's head was covered in blood. He tried to fight off the visions that flashed in his mind like they were happening right now. He yelled holding onto his head trying to remember every session he has had with his therapist that would help in a moment like this yet all he could think of...all he could see were bodies covered in blood.

His father dead

He threw up as he felt extremely dizzy, no amount of deep breathing could calm him down. All he could see was his father's head and pain started setting in once again.

Fighting against himself was a battle he could not win

"Stop" A voice announced, Arthfael was too immersed in his own vomit to look or even recognize the voice until footsteps came closer.

He got yanked up by his shirt and he came face to face with none other than Darthaniel. He opened his mouth to say something but the demon that was holding him up let go and he fell onto his side with ragged breaths.

Darthaniel squatted in front of him "I know you have a lot to say but I don't have time now. I have a throne to take" Darthaniel laughed, Arthfael used everything in him to call for his knife and once it appeared in his hands he pushed it into Darthaniel who was able to dodge a bit, and instead of his heart, it went to his shoulder.

Darthaniel pulled it out without any pain whatsoever "As Aeneas' son I expected you to be strong but you prove to me every day how weak you are" Arthfael was hardly breathing, anger couldn't come to his head. Only fear coated him, blood, dead bodies. He was losing it "I wish your father was here to witness what I am going to do to his son"

He raised his hand and called in something. A transparent squared coffin-like box was brought in. The demons picked him up after throwing him inside then added two buckets of blood poured in him, Arthfael was already losing consciousness he could hardly see or know where he was but the smell intensified his fears. Everything seemed and felt real as death played in his eyes.

The box got locked with Darthaniel standing over it watching as Arthfael gasped for air until he lost consciousness "Weak creatures are always fun to torture" Darthaniel sighed "Take him away, I have a throne to claim"

********

Diego entered the land of the moon demons and since he is once again an Aki his presence was felt by all of them. Most came out of their houses and gathered around him, some ran from him having been threatened by the dangerous aura that came off of him.

"I'm looking for moonlight El" he spoke loudly and broadly, a figure appeared from behind the moon demons.

"Eirenaios, congratulations"

"Why are the gods angry?" they didn't get to finish their conversation last time when he panicked and ran away with Sean but now he is back to receive the answers he missed last time.

"Oh now don't be rude, thanks to me I-" Diego stepped closer and stood at the same height as Moonlight El with an equally threatening gaze "We should speak privately" Moonlight El led the way, every demon that had gathered parted for them.

Once at a distance moonlight El finally stopped walking "The gods are angry not with you but rather what you are" Moonlight El sighed when the statement didn't give him the reaction he had anticipated.

"Why and why now?" Diego retaliated "I have been alive for so long why not attack then"

"Because you were immortal" Diego looked at Moonlight El, his eyes showed sincerity but he knew he was hiding something from him.

"You helped me once, why not do it one more time" Diego begged, he needed answers before things got out of hand. He needed to know what was going on and how he can protect his mate.

Moonlight El exhaled "Lord Helios created a lot of failed creatures before he got successful. In those failed creations there was one that lasted longer than others. She was called Alazne. She stayed alive the longest even with a big defect in her organs. Her growth was slow and Lord Helios had nothing to do except terminate her. His brother Lord Alios stopped him from doing so and promised to take care of her until she died naturally. Alazne couldn't have stayed alive that long so Lord Helios agreed as long as her remains are brought back to him"

"As Lord Helios went into rest for years to restore his energy, Lord Alios spent thirty years with Alazne in his castle. She didn't die like Lord Helios had anticipated, year after year she lived. When Lord Helios woke up and found out that she was still alive...it caught his attention. At first, he thought maybe the defect had healed, that was when he visited his brother... No one knows what happened inside but all I know is that Alazne died that day and the rivalry of the siblings started then. Now you know why he would want your mate dead"

"Thank you" Diego appreciated the information even if it wasn't entirely given the little will still be useful to him and his mate "I will be going then"

"One more thing" Moonlight El stopped him before he could disappear "A human-to-god reincarnation can be dangerous if forced"

"What do you mean?"

"If he is a god his true nature will come out on its own" Moonlight El walked away without more context. Diego pulled out his wings before flying away, up high as he moved with the wing it gave him nostalgia.

How it used to be in the past and how long it has been for him to be able to fly like this. Something he wished to do every day and now finally archiving it brought him peace but most of all it made him excited because he was on his way back to his mate.

However now he knew he not only had to protect his mate but also his Lord.