Chapter 23

Darthaniel

*******

Sean had stayed at home after the argument he had with his now-current ex-boyfriend. Thinking about each moment he has had with Joshua in the past three years and how they met. He was feeling so lost after meeting Diego and when Joshua approached him... Joshua having been a broken man Sean decided to play the broken man too. It wasn't a complete lie however he just couldn't speak the truth about the world he had witnessed.

He never meant to use Joshua, all he needed was to wash away and forget. Now things got out of hand, Joshua thought they were building something yet he was too messed up to be what Joshua desired in a life partner...

Suddenly, a light lit up

He held a hand over his eyes and once the light died down he opened them to find a creature standing in his room. It looked like the one he had seen earlier in his...thoughts when he was going to have intercourse with Joshua except this one did not shine like the other one.

This looked dark with soulless eyes. Sean instantly felt fear creep into his skin when the creature took a step forward. It stopped before the foot could reach the ground and instead took a step back.

Its eyes were not on Sean but rather on his nightstand. Sean glanced and found the book of Helios shining as if it was about to open itself. Right before it did the creature disappeared and the book closed itself once again.

Sean picked it up and held it onto his chest knowing it has saved his life two times now. Whatever that creature was about to do was not going to be so... the book started shining again.

He rested it down and it opened itself onto a blank page where words started appearing Sean read each word as it appeared "Darthaniel, dark Aki" Immediately Sean called out...

"Eirenaios" Diego appeared in the room as if he had been waiting for him to summon. Sean gasped a bit when he saw a grown-ass man only to remember that that is the new Diego. Diego was now not in a child's body but a man's and Sean couldn't help the strong hate feeling he felt towards him "We have a problem" Sean didn't allow him to say anything as he stood off the bed walking over and showing him the book.

"Something dangerous was here" Diego sensed while looking around-

"Look here, read this" Sean aggressively turned him to the book. Diego read the words and tilted his head towards Sean "This thing was here"

"A dark Aki called Darthaniel?"

"Yes, it was here and the book saved me then it wrote this"

"I don't understand, who wrote this?"

"The book, it wrote in itself. I don't know how but the words started appearing right after it had scared the Aki away"

"Sean, there are no Dark Akies left? I killed the last one, the only one"

"Then it wasn't the last one coz one was right here just now and if it weren't for the book I would be dead"

"Sean there can't be another dark Aki" Diego stated calmly "Lord Helios didn't give Abnus that, he didn't want a creature like Abnus to reproduce" Diego was trying to convince himself at this point, this couldn't be real. There can't be another dark Aki, he thought when he ended Abnus everything was over. No dark Akies to torment the world but now-

Suddenly he started feeling a burn on his arm, he lifted his shirt and his flesh was burning. He turned away from Sean trying to hide whatever was happening from him but the pain intensified "What is burning?" Sean questioned sniffing the air.