Chapter 19

The ritual

**********

As Arthfael, Jun, and Diego took another course Diego used the flying dust and flew straight back into Cinder, and as soon as he spotted her he attacked with everything he's got. Cyanide tried holding herself in the air but he followed up with another kick that threw her into her hut ripping it into shreds.

Exton held Diego by the shirt trying to yank him back, even with Exton being stronger Diego managed to push him off "You're not an Aki" Diego yelled as he ran into Exton, and they flew into the sand. Diego was thrown a few meters away from Exton but with quick swiftness, he jumped back and held Exton by the neck "You're just a demon" Diego broke its neck without a blink.

He didn't give himself time to think or sympathize. The only sympathy he has is for the body that has been tortured for years. It needed rest and being controlled by a demon was not peace.

A blast threw him off of Exton's body, he turned and found Cyanide glaring down at him with red eyes "You're not going to ruin my plans-" Diego threw the flying dust at her. She screeched as she started getting off the ground. She tried getting down again but everything didn't work.

"A witch can't use another witch's flying dust" Diego explained while getting close to the floating Cyanide. She growled whilst trying to get her hands on him "I-" Diego didn't get to finish his sentence when he got a blow to the back of his head. Fast and clean, he passed out instantly.

"I knew he could get you where I wouldn't need to fight" Arthfael celebrated. This was going fairly easy for him, Cyanide is here, and he has gotten Diego. Nothing was left and it was time to break the curse.

"Let us end this"

******

Jun has been pacing all around anxiously. This was going as planned but he couldn't help the fact that his head and body were having conflicting feelings and thoughts.

This was wrong, everything was wrong. They can't just do this, they couldn't be going through with this even if it might end a strong curse that has been going on for so long. This might help his relationship with his father after the fight they had on the day he left.

He might even get some friends, his people might welcome him with open arms after archiving the impossible. This will go down in the history of the Larpons, he ended the sadness that had eaten the land for so many years and forced them into hiding.

Those were all great achievements but at what cost? Seeing Arthfael bring in Diego, Cyanide, and Exton made him even more worried than ever. This was happening, he felt like he could turn back before it was too late.

He should put an end to this if he speaks right now before it's too late. Before Lady Destiny'll start the ritual yet something tells him not to. If this doesn't go through there won't be any other opportunities to come.

Jun took in a deep breath and then opened the door to the ritual room inside Lady Destiny'll' home "Everything is done we may begin" She announced. Jun felt his heart drop from his chest, seeing Diego pass out with Exton's body not far away from him and Cyanide tied against the wall.

Jun gasped when he saw Sean also tied up in the corner. Jun ran over to Arthfael and asked "Why is he tied up?"

"In case Diego tries to fight us"

"This is going too far, no we can't do this to them"

"The sun will be lining up soon, we need to begin" Lady Destiny'll announced as the sun came close to the reflecting glass.

"We are not doing this" Jun decided to back out before this went too far. No matter how much he wants the curse to end he was not going to entertain this. He started it and he is going to end it.